We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Member database [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Mar 26 '13
How do I export member database into a csv file? I don't see any option in the admin panel.

Can somebody please help me?

Thank you.
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 28 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 26 '13
This kind of option doesn't come within the standard oxwall installation.
Try searching for the plugin in the store. OR try exporting the database to csv. via PhpMyAdmin
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Mar 26 '13
I don't know how to install a plugin nor do I know how to export via PhpMyAdmin. Thanks anyway...
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Shreya,

PM me so that I can let you know the steps to export via phpmyAdmin.
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Mar 27 '13
Thank you Paul and Purusothaman.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 28 '13
For those who might need this in future.

How to Export the whole database or certain database table via PhpMyAdmin:

1. Open PhpMyAdmin ( the link to it is usually located on the index page of your control panel).

2. Find needed database. For example,  my database is called "aliya".  Click on it. You will get to the page with the list of tables within this database. You can export either the whole database or certain table. Steps are same in both cases.
  a) click on the "export" tab from the top menu>>select needed format, in my case "csv">>click "go"
  b) if you would like to export only certain table, first select needed table from the left bar>>then click on "export" tab from the top menu>>select needed format>>click "go"

Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Mar 29 '13
Thank you very much. Got it!