We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URL : User Profile Link | Forum

Morribi
Morribi Mar 29 '13
The user's profile URL link comes this way :  

www.morribi.com/user/henrynoble1
Is there any plugin or setting to apply that will make it appear this way. www.morribi.com/henrynoble1

Without the ''USER'' in between the link...

Purusothaman Ramanujam
\ow_system_plugins\base\init.php

Remove the highlight part in bold and try.

$router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_user_profile', 'user/:username', 'BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel', 'profile'));

Enable DEBUG and DEV mode in config.php file once.
Morribi
Morribi Mar 30 '13
It gave me server Error.....
justice okafor
justice okafor Apr 8 '13

\ow_system_plugins\base\init.php

replace this 

$router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_user_profile', 'user/:username', 'BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel', 'profile'));

with

$router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_user_profile', '/:username', 'BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel', 'profile'));

Enable DEBUG and DEV mode in config.php file once.

Morribi
Morribi Apr 8 '13
Yes.. Thanks much... @ Purusothaman Ramanujam

Great..!! Thx all

justice okafor
justice okafor Apr 11 '13
it did not mess up my site i think it is good practice
Morribi
Morribi Apr 11 '13
@Jamie  Some of the old links got changed while some still go with the old link... !!

But its pretty nice..

Morribi
Morribi Apr 11 '13
@Jamie  Some of the old links got changed while some still go with the old link... !!

But its pretty nice..

Kevin Soto Vallejo
Kevin Soto Vallejo Apr 15 '13
Excellent thank you very much much better now that my site :)
Pala
Pala Apr 29 '13
Friendly url works but if I set 

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);    define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);

TO false again site not redirect automaticly anymore also not by login and logout or by any postings. ( forum / blog / vids / links / ETC )

Best regards,

Pala

Daisy Team
Daisy May 3 '13
Pala, it's really strange situation. Please PM me your Cpanel details, so we could check into this issue. Also, please describe when this problem occurred and what code changes you performed.
The Forum post is edited by Daisy May 3 '13
Ayo Tunde
Ayo Tunde May 8 '13
I followed Purusothaman's instruction above, it worked but I noticed that notifications on console that has the /user/username still remain like that and if you click on them, it brings error 500.
Daisy Team
Daisy May 14 '13
Please enable debug mode via config.php to see the exact error that occurs when you click this link.
The Forum post is edited by Daisy May 14 '13
TeamX
TeamX Jun 7 '13
@ Daisy

When i follow the above instructions of Justice Okafor, to remove the word USER,..

And i Enabled Debug and Seen this Error, when I access a Profile on gangiz.com/stanly

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:File:/home/gangizco/public_html/ow_core/default_route.phpLine:90Trace:#0 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_core/router.php(335): OW_DefaultRoute->getDispatchAttrs('et') #1 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_plugins/countryflag/classes/event_handler.php(38): OW_Router->route() #2 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_plugins/countryflag/classes/event_handler.php(159): COUNTRYFLAG_CLASS_EventHandler->getRoute() #3 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_plugins/countryflag/classes/event_handler.php(58): COUNTRYFLAG_CLASS_EventHandler->isRoute('BASE_CTRL_Join', 'index') #4 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_core/event_manager.php(188): COUNTRYFLAG_CLASS_EventHandler->on_join_display_countries_list(Object(OW_Event)) #5 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_core/response.php(181): OW_EventManager->trigger(Array, Object(OW_Event)) #6 /home/gangizco/public_html/ow_core/application.php(429): OW_Response->respond(Object(OW_Event)) #7 /home/gangizco/public_html/index.php(83): OW_Application->returnResponse() #8 {main}Type:Redirect404Exception

TeamX
TeamX Jun 7 '13
i Use Ox 1.5.3
Daisy Team
Daisy Jun 12 '13
Stanly, seems you've made changes incorrectly. Please revert your changes back and follow the instruction once again.

However, as you might know, we strongly recommend not to modify the core files because when you update your site - all the changes you've made will be lost.

I suggest that you search for the existing plugin in the Store or develop your own plugin.
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 1 '13
Prashant, the captcha has nothing to do with the router. Please check the changes you've done recently.
Simik
Simik Oct 16 '15
Hello, is there a solution to make this work also in the mobile version? 

Now I have site.com/username on desktop and site.com/user/username on mobiles (and a lot of 404 errors in mobile version)

Kevin Soto Vallejo
Kevin Soto Vallejo Oct 17 '15
\ow_system_plugins\base\mobil\init.php There also modify it