We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Thanks a lot oxwall | Forum

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Mar 30 '13
i am really feeling great with oxwall..

i really can not explain how happy i am..

i launched my website http://www.yourmatesgroup.com on 28-3-2013 and all my users liked my website and it is keep growing up..

i would take 1 year  or more to make a website like this..n i would spend a lot.. and all i got free..

once my website will start giving me revenue, i will really spare revenue of my website with all of you oxwall developer for your great work.. what you made , really should be appreciated..

i am posting a statics of my website status ..hope you all people feel good with it

once again thanks a lot oxwall

suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 9 '13
hi can you tell me the way you got the traffic?
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 10 '13

Quote from suresh kumar hi can you tell me the way you got the traffic?

my company is registered and allowed to run a social networking website from india,

i had a lot lot of work for it ,i made events locally to launch it + i have many friends world wide , just said them to promote it , think 200 good friends n if 1 is carrying  5 of his local friends then it will be 1k.. thats all

Piers J
Piers J Apr 10 '13
CONGRATULATION , a lot of us will be getting for a fraction of that in two days .
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 18 '13

India is a HUGE (and very beautiful country), Your potential audience is over a Billion!

One of my sites (which has over 20,000 members) and on it's busiest day/time (Sunday eveing) used to get up to 100 members online... Ad revenues were good and 200 new members signed up every month, it had been online about 12 years and I saw as it a growing success. The site is for a UK-wide charity and aimed at mostly under 25s so it has a limited audience.

However, after years of using rapidly outdating 10-year old modded-to-death version of InvisionBoard v1.0.1. We were always customising, and damn hard coding-in new features that I can confidenltly say far beyond what most social networking software currently offers. We not only had blogs but "group blogs", we had a "site news" like the newsfeed but it showed every activity on the site, even  when we had people leave, or we recruited new modertors for which I created an automated Election/Voting system using proportional voting. The global mods could recruit new forum mods, so the online community was self-sustaining. 

We had events pages with reviews when it had passed, RSVPs, a custom "Karma" system which had a points algorthym and checkboxes for "Interesting", "Funny", "Informative" etc so they could gain Karma for different things, and we wrote a Mobile Accessible site. All this years before Facebook or Twitter were even born!... it became cluttered, slow, lots of features were needing a complete change. Members - especially new ones often complained it was to hard to use and navigate.

Sadly it became unstable (especially when PHP5 came along!). I was writing a whole new site based on the old code (some of it we can still use) but have to embed it into Oxwall using iFrames etc, unless I can get my head around the Oxwall API and Plugin Framework (!?one day maybe!?).

We'd tried Drupal, Zoomla, InvisionCMS and Dolphin, they couldn't give us the hope and the tools to develop a new Social Netowkring site on the scale of our old one... then I started playing with Oxwall and realised "this is the one", it's open source, it's young and it's got a RoadMap to greatness and I am VERY pleased I found it!

suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 19 '13
Rahul , i am making the same progress now could you please tell me about your hosting plan as the one i am in now is not so good..

David , yes i too felt that regarding oxwall.

i tried elgg social engine phpfox and then i am with oxwall ..
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 19 '13
Thank you david for mentioning our country is beautifull.

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 19 '13
Quote from suresh kumar Rahul , i am making the same progress now could you please tell me about your hosting plan as the one i am in now is not so good..

David , yes i too felt that regarding oxwall.

i tried elgg social engine phpfox and then i am with oxwall ..

i am using a pro plan of hosting of unlimited stuffs.. i chosen linux hosting ,as it is known for better security . but still i have to purchase a lot of things .. only hosting is not enough for a social networking