We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Disk io jump | Forum

adminnoah
adminnoah Nov 5 '13
Quote from Aliia Ben, the only possible assumption is "Newsfeed" plugin. It checks for expired newsfeed items once a week ( cron.php under /ow_plugins/newsfeed). 

$this->addJob('deleteExpired', 7 * 3600 * 24); // once a week

Miss Aliia this is once 1 week right?
 $this->addJob('deleteExpired', 7 * 3600 * 24); // once a week

how to change this in every day or every 24 hours

- i need everyday / 24 hours delete
and
- every 3 or 2 day deletion 

I don't know what meaning of thi " 
7 * 3600 * 24 "
fbkca
fbkca Nov 5 '13
I don't notice any spikes that are related to oxwall. 44k+ users and the newsfeed.

The spikes I do notice are from my RAID setup re-syncing/disk checking and it only happens for me, once a month, but yes, it spikes uncomfortably high.

Have them look into that or provide you with process names.

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Nov 5 '13
Alia Team
Alia Nov 5 '13
adminnoah, please ask your question either under "Custom Code Modifications" or "General Chat" sections of our forum.
ben
ben Nov 6 '13

Quote from fbkca I don't notice any spikes that are related to oxwall. 44k+ users and the newsfeed.

The spikes I do notice are from my RAID setup re-syncing/disk checking and it only happens for me, once a month, but yes, it spikes uncomfortably high.

Have them look into that or provide you with process names.

as long as i know resyncing only happend when romoved the drive from the array and then add it back to check for hardware failure. Can this be done automatically? because i get this spikeregularly and in the same time and no downtime
fbkca
fbkca Nov 6 '13
I'm not too familiar with RAID setups so I'm not positive. I do however run my own dedicated, and when the high CPU is happening, the processes are related to RAID... as is shown in the `top` output. It is only my assumption that they must automatically do something at a predefined interval... mine being each month...
Pages: « 1 2