We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question - Forum List for Groups | Forum

Francis
Francis Apr 1 '13
Hi Purus,

Your script take in first the sticky topic in forum group.

How can i make to take the last topics posted on my groups ?
The Forum post is edited by Francis Apr 1 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its not taking the first "sticky"... Its taking the very first topic. You can show only the most recent "x" number of topics. You can change that value of "x" in the plugin settings.

to show the last "x", need some code changes. Showing the oldest topics does not look good. Just my personal opinion.
Francis
Francis Apr 1 '13
Hi thanks for answer.

Also, for information, if you use adspro, your script appear just after the bottom pub and not before ...

Purusothaman Ramanujam
That plugin is not coded as per the Oxwall standards.
Eric
Eric Apr 23 '13
This is not the way I want. I'm looking for "Add New Forum" function under groups forum. I want to divide topic. Any Idea??
Purusothaman Ramanujam
If this is not they way you want, please contact me via PM to have custom code modifications for you.
Modern
Modern Jul 19 '13

Hmmm, interesting discussion, and thanks for the very useful plugin Purusothaman.  I would like to pose a sugestion for you.  My groups are set up on a country by country basis.  I want members of each country to be able to have their own dedicated forum while at the same time being able to meet in the main general forum.   This way contry specific topics can be discussed in that countries own forum while international issues can be discussed in the main forum.  What I don't want is for country specifice post to be shown in the main forum and main forum post being shown in the country specific forums.  Comming to think about this futher, I would like the same for the photo, blogs and video sections as well.

Re reading this I may have to clarify a point.  I want the contry specific forum to only show up in that countries group and not anywhere elese.

If you have any thoughts on this subject, I would be very interested to hear from you.

Kind regards

Steve

The Forum post is edited by Modern Jul 19 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi Modern,

It thats your requirements, then this plugin is not for you :D :)

All you expect can be done by new plugins.
Modern
Modern Sep 22 '13

Would you be kind enough to recomend one or more for me?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
It would need custom code changes as a plugin as your requirement is not supported directly.
Modern
Modern Dec 1 '13
Also, in the main forum you can categories your topics, can this facility be made available in the next update of this forum plugin for groups?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
No. Already the topics are categorized by groups.
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic