We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Moving widgets | Forum

Agent B
Agent B May 14 '13
I have an idea on how to move widgets from one section to another changing the PLACE_PROFILE to PLACE_DASHBOARD but I don't get how to move the Users widget including the latest and online members to the dashboard. That one is my favorite!
Alia Team
Alia May 15 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Daisy Team
Daisy May 17 '13
Since the UserListWidget is the base component and there is no activate.php file for the base plugin (ow_system_plugins/base/), you should either:
* create a new plugin with the activate.php file where you can add the following code:
$widget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidget('BASE_CMP_UserListWidget');
$placeWidget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_DASHBOARD);
BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPosition($placeWidget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::SECTION_LEFT);

* or add this code to the init.php file for the base plugin, refresh the site page and then remove this code from the init.php file.
Agent B
Agent B May 17 '13
That was amazing how that worked lolol thank you very much.
Daisy Team
Daisy May 19 '13
You are welcome.
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell May 22 '13

Quote from Daisy $widget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidget('BASE_CMP_UserListWidget'); $placeWidget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_DASHBOARD); BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPosition($placeWidget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::SECTION_LEFT);
great help, thank you.. :)
Andrew
Andrew Feb 7 '14
How would I add this to a custom plugin? eg: PLACE_MYPAGE

When I try and just use the plugin key i get "undefined class"

Andrew
Andrew Feb 9 '14
New to Oxwall and still trying to figure out if it can fulfill my needs as a SNS and to see that fully flexible widget-enabled custom pages are still not implemented over 3 years later is very discouraging. Now I don't know what to do as this is one of the better options.
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 11 '14
Andrew, please take a look at this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/16379
Andrew
Andrew Mar 11 '14
So it might be possible to add existing components to custom plugin pages by basic cloning them over into the custom plugin with the right name/keys etc?
The Forum post is edited by Andrew Mar 11 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 13 '14
Andrew, please take a look at this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14401
The Forum post is edited by Daisy Mar 13 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 21 '15
can i copy a widget thml and php and put in mobile site and use the init there to make the widget work on mobile view ie mobile dashboard 
ben
ben Dec 13 '15
sorry, i try to move user widget add daisy code to init.php but it's not moving.
ben
ben Dec 13 '15
oh it works thx daisy