We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Account types and User roles | Forum

F Albi
F Albi Jun 4 '13
?:1
Is there a way to mask User Roles and Account Types?

So when a new user chooses an account type he/she will automatic be assigned to the same name User Role.

?:2
And is it possible to completely disable some user roles from seeing some menus.  Let's say UserRole1 can view members and search them and view the Members menu-tab. But UserRole2 can not have these features of seeing the members tab or being able to search or view members. Since the current option only hides "Members" if you visit your-domain.com/users/ you still see the members on the site.

?:3
How can i hide the buttons or links when a User Role are not allowed to use them. So instead of showing "No permissions" no option should be able by no button to click on.
Daisy Team
Daisy Jun 5 '13
?:1

Please search for the existing plugin in the Store.

?:2

The only way to achieve it is a new plugin development . Please see the crash course for more information here: http://docs.oxwall.org/dev:crash-course

If you are not familiar with the plugin development, it would be better for you to find a developer who can help you with this plugin development. I suggest visiting our Oxwall Market.

?:3

This requires the custom code modification. Maybe other forum members have ideas on how to perform it.
The Forum post is edited by Daisy Jun 5 '13
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Jun 23 '13
hi
i am looking for quest. 3 too.