We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

can't upload large photo [Being checked] | Forum

Alia Team
Alia Jun 17 '13
Can't seem to reproduce this issue as well on our forum. 

Ben, when you are trying to upload your images do you get any errors? What exactly happens when you are uploading?

ben
ben Jun 20 '13
i dont get any error, (server log, oxwall log). what exacly happend it;s quite difficult to explain :D

ben
ben Jun 20 '13
I try attaching my network graphics

when uploading to my cpanel server 3,9mb image

above graphic are screenshoot picture size 34kb

Uploading to oxwall.org 1,6 mb size

graphic size 35,6kb jpg

uploading to fb 1,6 mb size

grapic size 39,8kb jpg

The Forum post is edited by ben Jun 20 '13
ben
ben Jun 20 '13
i never succeed upload large size image to oxwall.org(graphic number 2), the same graphic when upload to my site. keep loading.

upload to my cpanel srv and facebook complete.

The same size and picture for oxwall and fb, jpg file 1,6mb
ben
ben Jun 20 '13
trying again to oxwall

trying again to fb 4mb size

ben
ben Jun 20 '13
same pattern when upload to oxwall and fb,
oxwall first upload high and then drop

looks like fb decreasing file size when upload, quite strange to see when upload 4mb to my cpnl srv and fb.

it's good for oxwall decreasing file size while uploading image. there is nothing wrong learning from experienced people

your spy:D
ben
ben Jun 20 '13
oouyeee, it's positive fb decreasing file size 1,6mb to 48kb. let people upload large file but downloading small size, that was briliant, and saving alot of diskspace, time, bandwith etc,,,,,
ben
ben Jun 20 '13
If i can do this with my oxwall site im sure i never had upload problem again:D
ben
ben Jun 25 '13
it's possible with gd library, the good news is oxwall using gd library

How to automatically resize every uploaded image >800x600px to 800x600px and saving after resize image, and leave <or=800x600px as it is.

The Forum post is edited by ben Jun 25 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jun 26 '13
Ben, I can't reproduce the issue with images on forum on our site and I have not met any other users with the same issue, so there is not way I can check why this is happening only with you.

Possible reason is CloudFlare storage used on our site. May be they don't have server where you are located and that is why connection when uploading images breaks.

Answering your last question.

>>How to automatically resize every uploaded image >800x600px to 800x600px and saving after resize image, and leave <or=800x600px as it is.

GD library is not used for images attached via media panel ( like on on our forum).
So to add a resizing, you will need to modify the source code ( media_panel.php  under ow_system_plugins/base/controllers is a good place to start with).

Easiest solution in your case is to set max_upload size limit in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>content input>>Maximum upload file size

Alia Team
Alia Jun 26 '13
P.S. oxwall.org limits size of the images uploaded via media panel to 2MB
Alia Team
Alia Jun 26 '13
Ben, can you email the image you tried to upload to support@oxwall.org ? Thank you. I have an idea why this could have happened, but need to test.
ben
ben Jul 1 '13
I'll send you the image 1,6mb

ben
ben Jul 1 '13
the problem is my own network, not cloudflare
The Forum post is edited by ben Jul 1 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jul 2 '13
Ben, while testing your issue I have found out that images uploaded via media panel get larger once they are uploaded to the server ( almost by 30-40%). I suspect that this could have caused issues with large images on your site ( even if you are uploading 1.6 mb image, it is getting almost 2.3 on the server). I have passed this over to developers. Will keep you posted.
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
thanks for updating, mam
Pages: « 1 2 3