We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How To Manually Remove A Plugin | Forum

Michael
Michael Aug 21 '13
So I'm continually buying plugins from the store, I often get errors when buying from one particular developer (who always blames our site).

Anyway we uploaded another one of his plugins and our whole site went down, it didnt even produce a 500 error.

We disabled the plugin from the database but now the dashboard produces a 500 internal error. Its been down for 24 hours now and we have contacted the developer but the issue is still present with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Can anyone assist me uninstalling it manually, we cant activate it as the site goes down etc.

The error on the dashboard relates to a drag and drop widget which comes with this plugin and is the reason the dashboard isnt loading.

We have a big site with over 47k users and there starting to complain and moan on the newsfeed which makes us look bad.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you
Joseph
Joseph Aug 21 '13
can you access your admin panel when the plugin is installed?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 22 '13
Question: How to remove the plugin manually.

Important: Keep in mind that the best way to remove the plugin is:
                       1step: uninstall plugin from admin panel
                       2step: delete uninstalled plugin from admin panel.
When you "uninstall"  the plugin system automatically removes all files and cleans database.
Always use "uninstall" option if it is available. Otherwise you will have to clean your files and database manually.

If for some reason you can't uninstall and delete plugin from admin panel use following instructions:

1step: delete your plugin's files from following folders via FTP or using control panel:
                                  a)ow_plugins
                                  b)ow_pluginfiles
                                  c)ow_static
                                  d)ow_userfiles
                               Those folders might or might NOT contain your plugin's files. But check them all just in case.

2step: open your database and delete data located in tables:
                                 a) plugin's tables. Those are tables that came with your plugin. They always contain
                                      plugin's name. For example: ow_photo, ow_photo_featured, ow_event_item...
                                     Search through all database and delete all tables related to your plugin.
                                 b) in most of the cases plugin comes along with a widget.
                                     open "ow_base_component" table. Find and delete the row/rows with your   
                                    plugin's Class name. Again Class name will contain your plugin's name, so you can
                                      easily find needed row.

Do the same within following tables:

ow_base_component_entity_place

ow_base_component_entity_position

ow_base_component_entity_setting

ow_base_component_place

ow_base_component_place_cache

ow_base_component_position

ow_base_component_setting

ow_base_config

ow_base_menu_item

c) those are basic tables where plugin data can be found. But depending on the

plugin, other tables might contain data as well. So browse through all tables just

in case.

Jaroslaw
Jaroslaw Aug 28 '13
Does this solution work in 1.5.3?

I have a problem to remove video plugin.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 1 '13
Jaroslaw, solution works with any version.

Can you explain the situation with video plugin in more detail? Any errors?

Jaroslaw
Jaroslaw Sep 27 '13
Yes, I problem with video plugin. I send you private message in this topic.

http://www.oxwall.org/mailbox/conversation/10713

Now I try to find better hosting but I don't know what I can transfer all data to a new server.

Alia Team
Alia Sep 30 '13
Jaroslaw,

1. Do you have a back of your existing site?
Installing this back up might work.

2. If your current site is still on your server, and you can access admin panel, you could have used Data Exporter/Data Importer plugins to export and then import your files to the new server.

3. If you are interested in transferring ONLY users from your current site to another one, you can use CSV importer plugin. Note that this is possible if you have database of your current site on your server ( you will need to export "ow_base_user" table to csv file and then import this csv file using CSV importer plugin. 

I don't recommend using this option, since you will not be able to restore ALL data. Only basic use info ( username, pass, email, join date).
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Jul 16 '16

I raised File Attachments

It looks at the admin page

deleted data in MySQL

Still continues to appear in the Admin

I checked several times

I added a new version I tried again

Error report>

No specified file

a)ow_plugins
                                  b)ow_pluginfiles 
                                  c)ow_static
                                  d)ow_userfiles

c)Mysql

dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '16
which plugin is it OT ?
ross Team
ross Jul 17 '16
Have you searched for the plugin left-overs in the tables

ow_base_component_entity_place

ow_base_component_place

ow_base_config

ow_base_menu_item

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 13 '16
Despite all attempts missing plug-ins could not be removed
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 13 '16
This was a post the I provided a user last night, and it worked for him. If you have already done all of that. Try clearing your browser cache. It may have cached the page showing the plugin.

This was also from Ross on that post. A lot of it looks the same except he mentions the ow_plugins folder here.

to manually delete the plugin, you need to delete it from the server in ow_plugins folder, in DB in ow_base_plugin table

Often plugins have widgets, which why you need to go through other tables as well, do the search in 

ow_base_componentow_base_component_entity_place

ow_base_component_place

and sometimes plugins create menu items which is why you need to look at ow_base_menu_item table too.

James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
Our team of skilled technicians are equipped to handle any type of repair needed, from fuel injectors to camshafts and pistons. Largo Mobile truct Repair