We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Update today - TopLink | Forum

pikar
pikar Aug 30 '13
This morning show with me at the admin panel that there is an update, I then clicked update and entered my ftp data, after which the site was dead, the following message will then see image

got the plugin now nothalber ftp removed so that the website goes again, what's the problem?
Sanusi Yaakub
Sanusi Yaakub Aug 30 '13
i have never experience this error before,

the most common error that i have experienced is when the updater failed to remove the language import folder.

may i know when exactly this happens? or what did you do before that?
pikar
pikar Sep 2 '13
I have made before the update nothing special I just logged in as admin, but with German language file, I no longer have the plugin via ftp now renamed the folder otherwise the website will be displayed.

how do I go from here? should I install the new plugin? delete previously via ftp or not?
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Sep 3 '13
Yes, I got the same problem.I made update manually, copy/paste via FTP, after that site is down and I also dont have access to admin..only 404 error all the site/

Sometimes it can be caused of the charset of some files..should be UTF-8 not ANSI/

Sanusi Yaakub
Sanusi Yaakub Sep 3 '13
maybe you should try removing the plugin first, and then install it again. because there might be a problem with the updates, but not fresh install.

a do not sure about the charset.
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Sep 3 '13
Yes, just moved old version and paste new and UPDATE //Works fine

Thank you

Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Sep 7 '13
Hi
i was have this error too.
The Forum post is edited by Hadi Kamell Sep 7 '13
Attachments:
  error%20on%20toplink%20update.html.png (128.62Kb)
You do not have permission to reply this topic