We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems in the store [sorted] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Damien
Damien Sep 17 '13

Hello,

I want to know if it is normal for users that buy my plugin do not receive the download link.

I have to give them after they contact me.

and download numbers displayed in the store is not the real number?

The Forum post is edited by Den Oct 28 '13
Den Team
Den Sep 18 '13
Hello Damien,

Right after a transaction has been cleared on PayPal, a license is granted to user. Also, he receive email with short instructions how to download a plugin. 

PM with all details (plugin, payment method, transaction id) if it doesn't work for you. 

Thanks

Damien
Damien Sep 18 '13
Ok, thank you very much.
Damien
Damien Sep 20 '13

Hello,

It seems that this does not work, users who buy my plugins always tell me that they get nothing?

Den Team
Den Sep 23 '13
Would you PM me with details (user info, plugin details, transaction id)?
MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Oct 6 '13
Well I just paid for the youtube thing and got a confrim email saying I paid but no download email or link and paid stuff in store. Please help.
dave Leader
dave Oct 17 '13

i have noticed that something has changed from the last time i purchased from the store.  Last time i purchased when i went back to the store page after the purchase my plugin was on the list.  Today i purchased a plugin and it was not on the list until i refreshed the list page.

So wait just a minute after your purchase and then refresh your plugin list and it should be there, thats how it was for me today.

Damien
Damien Oct 23 '13

Each payment in a currency other than that used by the paypal account that receive the money must be validated by the owner to decide whether the sum should be converted or not.

It is for this reason that the payments in a different currency does not allow to unlock the purchase immediatly.

Unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem.

dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
Thanks for sharing, that affects alot of business's, outside of oxwall too,  i did not know that...
Duncan
Duncan Oct 24 '13
Quote from Damien

Each payment in a currency other than that used by the paypal account that receive the money must be validated by the owner to decide whether the sum should be converted or not.

It is for this reason that the payments in a different currency does not allow to unlock the purchase immediatly.

Unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem.

I receive dollar payments (I'm in the UK) all the time without needing to confirm it, isn't that for a basic account?

The Forum post is edited by Duncan Oct 24 '13
dave Leader
dave Oct 24 '13

Here is a good link if you are in the US. 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US

I have not yet found anything regarding this but if i do i will reply back here, please do the same if you find something. :)

dave Leader
dave Oct 24 '13

Found it...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_receive-outside

scroll down just a bit you will see the info under Accepting Payments  and it also says you can set your preferences of how to handle this as well.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 24 '13
Damien
Damien Nov 7 '13

Hello,

After reflecting on the subject, I found a solution.

But the solution will be on the side of oxwall, no paypal.

Purchases made ​​in the store that returns an invalid payment should be put pending confirmation of payment by the seller.

The seller could manually validate a purchase that will have received an error in the payment.

There should be a sales history with their status (ok, awaiting validation, denied).

Damien
Damien Nov 19 '13

I know the team oxwall work much for version 1.6.

But I will like to have a opinion on my suggestion.

Because for me, this issue is beginning to be difficult to manage.

I have a list on my pc all the pseudo who bought my plugins to be able to send them via private message the updates!

In addition, some people are very unhappy about not having a liscence key.

Den Team
Den Nov 20 '13
Damien,

Agreed. The suggestion is reasonable. We will implement it after 1.6 release. 

Thanks.

Damien
Damien Nov 20 '13

Thank you very much.

I'm looking forward to version 1.6

Damien
Damien Jan 25 '14
Small up now that version 1.6 is published.
anandpanda
anandpanda Aug 31 '23

The majority of plugins are currently being developed with a lot of apparent flaws and issues. Therefore, the following criteria should be checked by our moderating team: 

If the apparent errors like "blank screens," "500. phtml", "Fatal errors," etc. occur; if the logic errors like cron errors, unresponsive functions (unclickable buttons, incorrect redirects, etc.), and others arise; and if the plugin does what is described in the plugin description.

Thank you for the excellent plugins. I have been using the wawa convenience survey portal called mywawavisit survey page to gather the customer's feedback to know the customer satisfaction level.

wolterney
wolterney Sep 26 '23

Hello Damien,

A license is given to a user as soon as a transaction on PayPal clears. Additionally, he got an email with brief directions on how to download a plugin. 

If it doesn't work for you, send a PM with all the information (plugin, payment method, and transaction id). 

Thanks. Dgcustomerfirst

Enrique Hodges
Enrique Hodges Sep 27 '23

Quote from Damien

Hello,

I want to know if it is normal for users that buy my plugin do not receive the download link.

I have to give them after they contact me.

and download numbers displayed in the store is not the real number?

Customers that purchase your plugin shouldn't typically not get the download link, either. But there are a few reasons why this might be the case, including the following:
The code of the plugin has a bug. This is the most likely scenario, particularly if the issue only recently began.The integration of the plugin with the store has a problem. This is also conceivable, particularly if your retail platform is new.The user's account is having an issue. Although less probable, this is still a possibility.

Pages: 1 2 »