We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is there any possibility to get rid of promotional links ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ashok Leader
Ashok Sep 21 '10
I read some where in a comment by Oxwall's admin as we can get rid of promotianal links with new version .Is it possible now?

Is there any solution to get fully white labeled website with new version?
Emil Team
Emil Sep 22 '10
Promotional links of Wall.fm (or WackWall) should be gone soon since they are not meant to be on the open source version.

Retaining Oxwall image is the condition of CPAL license employed by Oxwall. Please review details there.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Sep 22 '10
Thanks !
Dave
Dave Sep 25 '10
just wondering if we can remove this annoying wall.fm yet if so how
The Forum post is edited by Dave Sep 25 '10
Den Team
Den Sep 27 '10
This will be removed in upcoming update.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Oct 15 '10
Currently Oxwall wants to keep that link .Check this license .You can contact Oxwall theme if you need to remove them .

Update : I think you already removed the link or hidden the branding .Did you removed it by yourself or got permission from Oxwall ?
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Oct 15 '10
Ruai
Ruai Oct 31 '10
Hi,

Are we allowed to remove the "powered by wall.fm" yet? I don't mind to keep the "oxwall.org", but seem we are self-hosted our site should be different than those on the hosted platform.
Den Team
Den Nov 2 '10
Please, read license page for more info.
Ruai
Ruai Nov 4 '10
@ addenster

I have contacted oxwall before, and stated that we could remove the "wall.fm" link.

How can we remove it?

Thanks.
Emil Team
Emil Nov 5 '10
You can safely remove "powered by wall.fm". In fact it will disappear after the upcoming update. But please keep Oxwall reference, it's required by our license.

Thank you.
Ruai
Ruai Nov 5 '10
How can we remove "powered by wall.fm" by ourself?

Will keep the oxwall reference of course.
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '10
It will be deleted with RC2 update.
Please, check it.
Follower
Follower Dec 2 '10
some sites we have seen have removed the name at the bottom changed the image as per their brand is it possible to do? if so can we do it
Juan
Juan Dec 7 '10
Attribution to the authorship of this software in the source code files can not be waived under any circumstances. Attribution to the authorship of this software on the site frontend in the form of labels and hyperlinks can be waived with permission of the original author.
The Forum post is edited by Juan Dec 7 '10
Rivu
Rivu Dec 20 '10
Quote from Follower

some sites we have seen have removed the name at the bottom changed the image as per their brand is it possible to do? if so can we do it

It's Not a proper place I think to complain,and author may not check you what you're Doing with oxwall.

But it's Just Not Legal,and is violation of license Conditions.

Legal way:Contact Them
The Forum post is edited by Rivu Dec 20 '10