We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 Internal Server Error. | Forum

John
John Sep 21 '10
Just did the manual upgrade with 1.4 and now when I click on ADMIN I get this error:

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

Therefore, can't use admin page. Every other page works fine except Admin page.
Den Team
Den Sep 22 '10
Would you set DEV_MODE and DEBUG_MODE in true in ow_includes/config.php file and try to login to admin again? You will see an actual error. Post it here please
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 22 '10
As this is the same as mine, I did what you asked and will post here.

WARNING
Message: Can't generate URI! Route `admin_settings_ads` not found!
File: /home/acc/public_html/ow_core/router.php
Line: 249

EXCEPTION
Message: Can't find config `check_mupdates_ts` in section `base`!
File: /home/acc/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php
Line: 151
Trace:

#0 /home/acc/public_html/ow_core/config.php(167): BOL_ConfigService->saveConfig('base', 'check_mupdates_...', 1285141226)
#1 /home/acc/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.php(519): OW_Config->saveConfig('base', 'check_mupdates_...', 1285141226)
#2 /home/acc/public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/abstract.php(55): BOL_PluginService->checkManualUpdates()
#3 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Abstract->__construct()
#4 /home/acc/public_html/ow_core/dispatcher.php(208): ReflectionClass->newInstance()
#5 /home/acc/public_html/ow_core/application.php(285): OW_Dispatcher->dispatch()
#6 /home/acc/public_html/index.php(65): OW_Application->dispatch()
#7 {main}

Type: InvalidArgumentException

John
John Sep 22 '10
Since I didnt see any replies here all day yesterday, I uploaded the 1.04b files to the site. It now has me on the MAIN INSTALL page as if I was installing for the first time.

Did I screw up badly and lose my members by doing that? Upon trying to reinstall I get ...."This database should be empty _especially_ if you try to reinstall Oxwall."

Michael Leader
Michael Sep 22 '10
If it works like other sites, your members details should still be in the database and it should be just a matter of getting your config filled with the right info to connect to the database.

I am waiting to get my 500 error sorted then I am going to attempt a migration which will hilight the files you will need to ediyt to get your site working. I would post this as a seperate issue as it is now not 500 error related but a loss of dbase connection.

I know they do take a while to get back but I blame timezones etc for that along with workload.
Try looking in the config.php where addenster told us to edit and change to debug on, in there are your dbase connections, The name, server, username and password along with other info there help to connect to the database.

This is the content of a generic config.php file

define('OW_URL_HOME', 'http://siteurl.com');

define('OW_DB_HOST', 'servername');
define('OW_DB_USER', 'username');
define('OW_DB_PASSWORD', 'password');
define('OW_DB_NAME', 'dbname');

define('OW_DB_PREFIX', 'ow_');

define('OW_DIR_USERFILES', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_userfiles'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_STATIC', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_static'.DS);
define('OW_URL_STATIC', OW_URL_HOME.'ow_static/');
define('OW_URL_USERFILES', OW_URL_HOME.'ow_userfiles/');
define('OW_DIR_PLUGINFILES', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_pluginfiles/');

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);
define('OW_INSTALL_PLUGINS', false);
define('OW_PASSWORD_SALT', 'oxwall_salt_SK750');
define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);

define('OW_DIR_CORE', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_core'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_INC', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_includes'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_LIB', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_libraries'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_UTIL', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_utilities'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_PLUGIN', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_plugins'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_THEME', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_themes'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_SYSTEM_PLUGIN', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_system_plugins'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_SMARTY', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_smarty'.DS);

define('OW_USE_CLOUDFILES', false);

Good luck... Wait for support to confirm this if you can...
Den Team
Den Sep 23 '10
@Michael
Would you PM me your phpmyadmin details?
Your error:
EXCEPTION

means that some update statements were not run during update process and we need to fix it via phpmyadmin. You don't need to reinstall software, the problem is in your database, code is Ok.
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 23 '10
I use a hosting company and the phpmyadmin is restricted. I haven't got round to sorting out remote access yet. It is only accessible through the owner's control panel for hosting.
I will work on that tonight. In the meantime, would it be beneficial if I were to export the database and send it to ya and you can load it on a development box, then you could create a SQL query for me to apply?

I will be in contact with contact details for remote access later anyways as I need it for myself instead of going thru the control panel. DBASE EXPORT is easier though :o(
John
John Sep 24 '10
Yes, I did that and got the site back up. Thanks.

If it works like other sites, your members details should still be in the database and it should be just a matter of getting your config filled with the right info to connect to the database.

I am waiting to get my 500 error sorted then I am going to attempt a migration which will hilight the files you will need to ediyt to get your site working. I would post this as a seperate issue as it is now not 500 error related but a loss of dbase connection.

I know they do take a while to get back but I blame timezones etc for that along with workload.
Try looking in the config.php where addenster told us to edit and change to debug on, in there are your dbase connections, The name, server, username and password along with other info there help to connect to the database.

This is the content of a generic config.php file

define('OW_URL_HOME', 'http://siteurl.com');

define('OW_DB_HOST', 'servername');
define('OW_DB_USER', 'username');
define('OW_DB_PASSWORD', 'password');
define('OW_DB_NAME', 'dbname');

define('OW_DB_PREFIX', 'ow_');

define('OW_DIR_USERFILES', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_userfiles'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_STATIC', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_static'.DS);
define('OW_URL_STATIC', OW_URL_HOME.'ow_static/');
define('OW_URL_USERFILES', OW_URL_HOME.'ow_userfiles/');
define('OW_DIR_PLUGINFILES', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_pluginfiles/');

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);
define('OW_INSTALL_PLUGINS', false);
define('OW_PASSWORD_SALT', 'oxwall_salt_SK750');
define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);

define('OW_DIR_CORE', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_core'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_INC', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_includes'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_LIB', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_libraries'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_UTIL', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_utilities'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_PLUGIN', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_plugins'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_THEME', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_themes'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_SYSTEM_PLUGIN', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_system_plugins'.DS);
define('OW_DIR_SMARTY', OW_DIR_ROOT.'ow_smarty'.DS);

define('OW_USE_CLOUDFILES', false);

Good luck... Wait for support to confirm this if you can...
John
John Sep 24 '10

Would you set DEV_MODE and DEBUG_MODE in true in ow_includes/config.php file and try to login to admin again? You will see an actual error. Post it here please

THIS IS THE ERROR I GET NOW:

OW Debug - Warning
Message: Can't generate URI! Route `admin_settings_ads` not found!
File: /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxx.com/ow_core/router.php
Line: 249
OW Debug - Exception
File: /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxxx.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php
Line: 151
Trace:

#0 /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxxx.com/ow_core/config.php(167): BOL_ConfigService->saveConfig('base', 'check_mupdates_...', 1285306919)
#1 /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxxx.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.php(519): OW_Config->saveConfig('base', 'check_mupdates_...', 1285306919)
#2 /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxxx.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/abstract.php(55): BOL_PluginService->checkManualUpdates()
#3 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Abstract->__construct()
#4 /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxx.com/ow_core/dispatcher.php(208): ReflectionClass->newInstance()
#5 /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxxx.com/ow_core/application.php(285): OW_Dispatcher->dispatch()
#6 /home/vermontj/public_html/xxxxxx.com/index.php(65): OW_Application->dispatch()
#7 {main}

Type: InvalidArgumentException
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 24 '10
@john, glad you are back up.

It looks like, at a glance you have a similar error as me... I am pretty sure they will get this sorted...

@addenster,
PM'd you. If you find a fix I do hope you tell me what it was!? LOL
The Forum post is edited by Michael Sep 24 '10
John
John Sep 24 '10
Judging by the way that Oxwall people don't respond to some issues, it often seems to me that they don't know the answer to some of these problems.

@john, glad you are back up.

It looks like, at a glance you have a similar error as me... I am pretty sure they will get this sorted...

@addenster,
PM'd you. If you find a fix I do hope you tell me what it was!? LOL
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 24 '10
i am pretty sure they do. After all, from the error msg they know there is a dbase problem. To be honest, give credit where due, I couldnt create the software for the site. They are busy. Yeah it is a pain that there is a slow response but I am always understanding, It is free software. I have patience.

Den Team
Den Sep 27 '10
Sorry for a long response guys, there were some holidays here :)
Seems you both have the same error. Our tech guys will look this issue and I will post solution here in a few hours
John
John Sep 27 '10

i am pretty sure they do. After all, from the error msg they know there is a dbase problem. To be honest, give credit where due, I couldnt create the software for the site. They are busy. Yeah it is a pain that there is a slow response but I am always understanding, It is free software. I have patience.

Don't mind me. I am the type of person that wants everything done yesterday. If I knew I was going to be in a car crash at noon, I'd want it to happen at 9am, to get it done and out of the way :-) LOL
John
John Sep 28 '10
Any resolution to this yet?

Sorry for a long response guys, there were some holidays here :)
Seems you both have the same error. Our tech guys will look this issue and I will post solution here in a few hours
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 28 '10
I agree, this is a little serious to be silent. Feedback?
John
John Sep 28 '10
Sites are still not working because of this error. I guess they dont understand that.

I was thinking about just deleting all files on my down site and re-upload everything and reconnect to the database.

I agree, this is a little serious to be silent. Feedback?
Den Team
Den Sep 28 '10
@Michael, I PM'd you, please reply
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 29 '10
ftp details sent...
Den Team
Den Sep 30 '10
@Michael
We have fixed your site. By some reasons, update script didn't execute some sql statements. That's why you had this 500 error.

@John
Try to execute follow sql queries on your oxwall's db:

DELETE FROM `ow_base_menu_item` WHERE `prefix` = 'admin' AND `key` = 'sidebar_menu_item_ads';
INSERT INTO `ow_base_config` SET `key`='base', `name`='check_mupdates_ts', `value`='0', `description`='Last manual updates check timestamp.';

This must help.

Guys, I have a question to both of you:
When your update script was finished, did you get any messages or errors on /ow_updates page?
The Forum post is edited by Den Sep 30 '10
Pages: 1 2 »