We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed .ow_remark | Forum

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Mar 24 '14

Quote from Daisy Krunch, I would appreciate if you reported this problem to theme developer.

I tried and then received this in my email,,,,,

We inform you that your review was not accepted for the following reason:

Please post your reports and questions at the plugin support forum. Reviews section is for posting reviews about your experience of using the plugin. Thank you for understanding.

Oxwall team.
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 27 '14
Yes, please post this report at the plugin support area: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/466, but not in the review section.

Thank you.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Mar 27 '14

Quote from Daisy Yes, please post this report at the plugin support area: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/466, but not in the review section.

Thank you.

Done deal...
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 27 '14
Thank you very much. :)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Aug 26 '14

Quote from Daisy Krunch, is this custom theme which you have the problem with ? If so, this problem may be caused by the theme due to the classes it uses. In any case to find the solution I need to reproduce the problem, so maybe you can provide me with the theme name, platform and newsfeed versions and I will try to reproduce this problem on our test site?

Here we are again w/The same issue, now using the Ethos - Responsive theme...

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Aug 26 '14

Quote from The E Club I think that's more of a PHP-related issue rather than a theme-based one. I am the developer of Ethos, and I will look into it.

Much thanks there E Club
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Aug 26 '14
Um okay, I just started using this theme very recently, with the last theme I was using I didn't have this issue.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Aug 27 '14

Quote from The E Club That is very odd. It worked perfectly on my site.

I opened a test-site, your absolutely right, I created a test entry character count of 17643, it showed up at the Newsfeed w/150 characters.

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Aug 27 '14

Quote from The E Club That's a relief. At least the problem is slightly more isolated now.

Slightly yes, so if anyone else is reading this then yupp, it'd be great to get a solution to this issue :-)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 6 '14
Still nothing,,, anyone?
Alia Team
Alia Sep 8 '14
Krunch, are your "Newsfeed" and "Forums" plugins up to date?
Does this happen only with forum posts created within groups? What about regular forum topic created within "Forum" plugin?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 8 '14
Yes all plugins and themes are updated, this happens when posting a Forum at both the Site forum and Groups forum.
Daisy Team
Daisy Oct 6 '14
Krunch, we cannot reproduce this problem neither at our test site nor at our demo site. Could you please PM me your site URL and admin access details, so I could check into the problem directly on your site.
Daisy Team
Daisy Oct 9 '14
Krunch, thank you for the access details. We've finally managed to find the cause of the problem. The text was not truncated because of the Smileys plugin. This plugin re-defines the default forum methods. You should make changes in the /ow_plugins/smileys/init.php file to truncate the text to 150 symbols.

Also, it would be better if you contacted this plugin developer and ask them to fix this problem.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 9 '14
That did do the trick nicely, much thanks Daisy and yes, I'll forward this top to the developer.
Pages: « 1 2 3