We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Responsive Template | Forum

JDM
JDM Dec 31 '13
Hi all, I am new to the oxwall site and noticed there are only two responsive templates in the store.   Is that due to a mobile plug-in the will customize the view based on device or that there hasn't been enough Dev around creating mobile friendly templates to customize the UI.

Thanks All

Jason

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 7 '14
in the new oxwall script coming tomorrow there will be a mobile version of the ste
Kendra
Kendra Jan 14 '14
Hello, now I have experience with this, I used the 2 options... 

1 - Used a responsive theme. (this http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/793)

2 - Used the mobile version of oxwall.

My users were not comfortable with the second option, because they first try the responsive theme, and they sent me a lot of message, so I disable it.

But is very important to say this: A lot of people in this forum is angry, but they must understand that is not easy to develop a platform like oxwall, so we need to make constructive criticism and not offend. 

We need to remember that is normal that some products have some problems in the product launch: PS3, PS4, some games, scripts, tablets, etc.

So I think the mobile platform can be improved, but at this moment If you have a big site, I recommend to work with responsive themes, but if your site is not big yet, you can try to use the mobile platform to see what the users think.

Best Regards,

Den Team
Den Jan 20 '14
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.