We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 Internal Server Error | Forum

Rodney Barrett
Rodney Barrett Jan 14 '14
After entering FTP login info to update oxwall from 1.5.3 to 1.6.0
I get the "Error 500 Internal Server Error" Any Suggestions? Thanks
Rodney Barrett
Rodney Barrett Jan 14 '14
Had to do a manual update....
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '14
Rodney, please enable debug mode: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug and copy the errors here, so we could assist you. 
Rodney Barrett
Rodney Barrett Jan 15 '14
I did a manual update so I am unable to click on Autoupdate until next update. Thanks
Abraham
Abraham Jan 16 '14
HI Team,

After I updated my website to 1.6, I can no longer open it. It has an "ERROR 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR". Please help us how to fix this error, I can't also access even the admin page.

Thanks,
Abraham
ross Team
ross Jan 19 '14
Abraham, please enable debug mode: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

and copy the errors here,so we could assist you. 

TeamX
TeamX Jan 22 '14
Quote from ross Abraham, please enable debug mode: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

and copy the errors here,so we could assist you. 

i have enabled the Debug mode, but no change my screen shows the same , Internal Server Error
Roger
Roger Jan 22 '14
Been trying to get a working install with same 500 result, even on different servers. Sometimes, let's me in to play with it for a few minutes and on refresh, errors out. Sometimes just dumps right away and won't even load login screen. Here's the debug result attached. Hope it helps someone figure out the bug.

Attachments:
  oxwall debug1.txt (1.61Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 23 '14
Roger, there's something wrong with the PDO module, or there's no PDO module on your server. Please, check it. 
Nebiyou
Nebiyou Jan 23 '14
Quote from Roger Been trying to get a working install with same 500 result, even on different servers. Sometimes, let's me in to play with it for a few minutes and on refresh, errors out. Sometimes just dumps right away and won't even load login screen. Here's the debug result attached. Hope it helps someone figure out the bug.

Quote from Abraham HI Team,

After I updated my website to 1.6, I can no longer open it. It has an "ERROR 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR". Please help us how to fix this error, I can't also access even the admin page.

Thanks,
Abraham

I did ALL above.... Nothing is working
Roger
Roger Jan 24 '14

Quote from ross Roger, there's something wrong with the PDO module, or there's no PDO module on your server. Please, check it. 

Alright Ross! Bingo! Bumped PHP up to 5.5 to get the module, checked the PDO status, enabled and yup, working just fine, problem solved. Thanks for the point in the right direction. Looking good too. While I have your attention.... The PDO modules are currently set as follows. Do I have all required enabled, so no future probs? These choices seemed logical, but I quit programming decades ago. :-) .

pdo *Enabled
pdo_dblib *Disabled
pdo_mysql *Enabled
pdo_odbc *Disabled
pdo_pgsql *Disabled
pdo_sqlite *Enabled

And thank you again for the quick help.
ross Team
ross Jan 24 '14
Nebiyou, 

please enable debug mode and copy the errors here, so we could assist you. 

dd
dd Jan 31 '14
Hi

We have a similar issue after using the auto 1.6 update which seems to be a familiar problem for users. Please can you give advice and help. Here are the errors we receive in debug mode:

Message:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'isMobile' in 'where clause'File:/urlpathremoved/ow_core/database.phpLine:331Trace:#0 /urlpathremoved/ow_core/database.php(331): PDOStatement->execute()#1 /urlpathremoved/ow_core/database.php(432): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', Array)#2 /urlpathremoved/ow_core/base_dao.php(89): OW_Database->queryForObjectList('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_Document', Array, 0, Array)#3 /urlpathremoved/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/document_dao.php(111): OW_BaseDao->findListByExample(Object(OW_Example))#4 /urlpathremoved/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/navigation_service.php(117): BOL_DocumentDao->findAllStaticDocuments()#5 /urlpathremoved/ow_core/application.php(173): BOL_NavigationService->findAllStaticDocuments()#6 /urlpathremoved/index.php(43): OW_Application->init()#7 {main}Type:PDOException

Nebiyou
Nebiyou Feb 1 '14
NOTHING WORKED FOR ME

I had to do a full restore, lost some files and a few members...

NOT HAPPY!!!!

Dobri
Dobri Feb 2 '14
Hi ! I install oxwall trough bluehost,but when i try to sign up thereis this 500 server error.
I activate the debug mode.This is the message:
Message: Could not instantiate mail function. File: /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_libraries/php_mailer/class.phpmailer.php Line: 595 Trace: #0 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_libraries/php_mailer/class.phpmailer.php(519): PHPMailer->MailSend('Date: Sun, 2 Fe...', '--b1_2cbcb0324a...') #1 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/mail_service.php(274): PHPMailer->Send() #2 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_core/mailer.php(97): BOL_MailService->send(Object(BASE_CLASS_Mail)) #3 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/email_verify_service.php(217): OW_Mailer->send(Object(BASE_CLASS_Mail)) #4 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/email_verify_service.php(244): BOL_EmailVerifyService->sendVerificationMail('user', Array) #5 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php(329): BOL_EmailVerifyService->sendUserVerificationMail(Object(BOL_User)) #6 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php(221): BASE_CTRL_Join->joinUser(Array, '290365aadde35a9...') #7 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php(172): BASE_CTRL_Join->postProcess(Array) #8 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_Join->joinFormSubmit(Array) #9 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(BASE_CTRL_Join), Array) #10 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/ow_core/application.php(330): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #11 /home1/compuuw4/public_html/plamenpetrov-espanol/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #12 {main} Type: phpmailerException

Jeevan
Jeevan Feb 2 '14
ERROR 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERRORi face this error always . many times fixed and again it happens. error is with the hosting service. 
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Feb 2 '14
Dobri Turn off all plugins, and Test it. Then turn the plugins on one by one, and see if it's one of the plugins. I have two sites on bluehost with no problems.
ross Team
ross Feb 2 '14
DD, your mobile version was not correctly installed, please restore your backup and do the installation once more. 

Nebiyu, we asked you to provide the debug errors so we could assist you.

Dobri, please, contact your hosting provider and asked them to enable php mail function

Jeevan, if it is related to your hosting, we recommend you to switch to another one. 

Nebiyou
Nebiyou Feb 2 '14
I did all of that with my webhoster

they know more about it

they did all above as I did....

NO ONE COULD FIND THE PROBLEM

so they did a SYSTEM RESTORE

I will just NOT update anything....anymore

Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 5 '14
Hi Ross,

Just updating platform to 1.6 and get 500 internal server error. From turning on debug mode i believe it is the mobile version similar to DD, however i have tried re-installing many times and still it does not work.

Have you any advice?

Attachments:
  ERROR.JPG (76.19Kb)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »