We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CAN A SITE OWNER GET A REFUND FROM DEVELOPERS IF PLUGINS DONT WORK AS ADVERTISED ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Feb 1 '14
This is the issue. Some of them do not even reply when you ask them questions.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from RAHUL verma simply a buyer should give chance to fix problems to developer with all details which a dev needs ,if its not fixed (no matter server fault/php faults /sql faults ) devs should give a refund ..

You are completely wrong Rahul. How can a developer be responsible for server fault/php faults/sql faults? This looks meaning less.
bobbi
bobbi Feb 2 '14
i always check the postings linked to the plug ins first to check for any known issues, conflictions etc, if i have a question i ask before i buy, i dont clutter my site with loads of plug ins either i get the ones i feel my site needs, server side i have never had any plug in problems either,

but i agree with puru it is not a developers fault if the problems lie within the server,
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Also I would like to say some points as a developer

1) Most people just say that the plugin does not work. No details on what does not work.

2) They wont even provide a screenshot or any such details.

3) Some even want me to guess what issue they face :D Am I a magician? :P
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 2 '14
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Also I would like to say some points as a developer

1) Most people just say that the plugin does not work. No details on what does not work.

if you read my post i can understand how hard it would be for a developer and how hard it has been made by the way oxwall is set up 
oxwall needs a huge shake up and once is done and done right there would be no limit to how good oxwall would be
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 2 '14
Hi Puru,

I dont owe any you money, you didn't deliver as expected cause i wanted you to develop a newsfeed for my site but you were too busy, then you made the plugin when i no longer need it after a month or 2. Only to find out the plugin you wanted to charge me $40 and now you sells it for $5 so its was a rip off for me to pay a custom plugin which it should have been for me only for $40 now you selling it for $5.

That is unfair really, so if i owed you money you could have PM me and told me to do so 
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Webster,

Are you fair enough to reply for my messages for my pending payment for the custom development? You owe me money and do I have to beg you around you for that? I have trying to get it from your for more than a year.

So you be fair and expect others to be fair. If I am not getting any response, I am going to remove all your plugin licenses.

Webster Molaudi
No Puru its nothing to do with your plugins you always do great work i dont have issues with your plugins at all....infact you go out of your way to help other when they have issues.
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Is this anything related to my plugins?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
If you dont use the plugin, its not my fault. My time was invested in that. You too mentioned me that you will pay me soon in one of your private message
.. I am not sure how soon is that.
Quote from Webster Molaudi Only to find out the plugin you wanted to charge me $40 and now you sells it for $5 so its was a rip off for me to pay a custom plugin which it should have been for me only for $40 now you selling it for $5.
Our agreement was that I can resell and so only you get the plugin for $40. No one else would do that for $40 as I can resell. So who is here unfair?
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Webster Molaudi No Puru its nothing to do with your plugins you always do great work i dont have issues with your plugins at all....infact you go out of your way to help other when they have issues.
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Is this anything related to my plugins?

Thanks for the confirmation
Webster Molaudi
Hi Kieron,

Puru is been unfair, he didn't deliver the plugin when i needed it....and it was not as expected infact im not even using the plugin he claims he did for as i never bought it directly from him. I decided to buy the one he made it the way he wanted it not the way i wanted it.

He wants me to pay $40 for the plugin he claims he did for me but now he is selling it for $5 am i getting ripped off here ?

This is what i requested, and still its not delivered :

So why must i pay for incomplete work ? is that fair ...check the plugin : http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/214#

That is not what i wanted as per above, he did the plugin but not to my specification. This is what was delivered as per below image :

I work for a media company and stating the SOURCE of the RSS is important or you might face a law suit for not crediting the work.....that why i now use the Oxwall default forum that way i can at least credit the source or where the story comes from.

@ Puru, reason why i dont reply cause you are not doing as i asked not that i have a problem with you just that you dont make time to complete the work cause last time i spoke to you i was told by yourself you have some personal issues that you need to work on so you need time and i gave you time.

I didnt say i wont pay as you can see above i said i will pay if i have the way i want it. You do  a great job and 70% of my site runs on your plugins i bought.....But saying i owe you money publicly wont change the situation with what i want nor would it make me pay you for incomplete work. COmplete the work and i will pay but de-activate or revoke license on plugins i bought from the store from you that would be a crime.
Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com) webster,

If you owe another developer money i dont think you actually have a right to ask a refund. like Purusothaman said be fair to be treated fair 

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Feb 2 '14
Webster Molaudi
@Tammy

Younetco, said to me i have 3 days after purchase to test their plugins, to get a refund if the plugins dont work and if they cant fix it but it takes then 3/4 days to answer your ticket which means there is no way you will get a refund. I told them how can you test a plugin in 3 days time and still get a time to report issues ?

Quote from Tammy Webster Molaudi i do feel your pain 

same as you i got another bullshit answer from younet 
has been going around and around for months 
there plugin just does not work and i keep getting bullshit answers

some days i would rather pull my own teeth out then have to deal with all the crap

Webster Molaudi
Hi Puru,

Not all site owners are Php / MySql / HTML / CSS /Javascript Guru's....So they cant really say what could be the issue. But as tammy said there should be a test site for all developers to see if there is conflicts....All plugins in the store must be tested on that test site to see :

* Conflicts
* High Resource Server Usage
* and any other issues they may encounter

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Also I would like to say some points as a developer

Webster Molaudi
@ Jabid,

As you can see i was the 1st to put up a review when the plugin worked for 2 days then it stopped, and i complained to them see here : http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15909
Quote from Jabid Dakta ok, webster, I have asked developer plugin explanation about this post.

and I am asking you explanations about your review :

You should get this for your network

I bought this plugins and im loving it, keeps my networks busy and updated with activities from other socials so my members dont need to go out to see what their friends are doing on other networks :) My Newsfeed is always fresh and has new updates always :) which shows an active site.

Which is the only review they have on their page for selling their "Social Stream" plugin.

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 2 '14
$40...... Really. I have paid purus a lot of money. If he offered to make you something for $40 and it took a month than boohoo. you should give him $50. Custom development is not cheap! 
Webster Molaudi
But he didn't deliver....If you read my replies proper perhaps you would understand and give a mature answer OxwallAccessories. If this is the arrogance of Developers like you i think Oxwall shouldn't even allow developers like you to operate, you forget we pay your bills as site owners with our little $5 or $40 so you really need to be careful what you say because without us buying your plugins they are really useless in the store.

For you to even say "Boohoo" clearly shows the level of disrespect you have as a developer for site owners. In business " Competition eliminates Monopoly " im sure there's tons of developers who would appreaicte a $40 if you think my $40 is small change to you. You'd be suprised....As i recall you were crying about someone selling same plugin as yours  " Auto simulate Online Users " that should tell you that if you cant do the work some one else will do it for you :) Boohoo to you too ...lol

And i have supported puru as well for his plugins its not like i dont have his plugins on my website....

Quote from OxwallAccessories $40...... Really. I have paid purus a lot of money. If he offered to make you something for $40 and it took a month than boohoo. you should give him $50. Custom development is not cheap! 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 2 '14
sadly thats the childish mentality of to many oxwall developers 

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its a fake claim. I did delivered to you and you said you will send me payment and you apologized for being late. I don't want those discussion to public here.

What you claim is the second plugin that you asked and I am asking the payment for the previous work. I have toooo much of messages to find that here. so its hard to get that old ones.

The plugin you said which I did for you, is not done for you. It was my second ever plugin for oxwall which was nearly 2 years back and I know only a year or so. Again funny on you. False claim.

On what basis you agreed that you will pay me? For the UN-delivered plugin? Looks funny mate.

I don't want to extend this un productive conversion here..  I am busy to involved in such fake claims.
Webster Molaudi
Okay Puru,

Which plugin did you deliver mate i will gladly pay you....no bad blood between us as i rank you has the best developer ever on oxwall and i would not want to ruin our relationship. Yes this is un-productive conversation here.....i will check my inbox as well i believe i still have your email and i will pay you the $40 in good faith.

Hope this will be buried between us then.....as a misunderstand from both sides as i see developers like Oxwall Accessories are getting involved and things that dont even involve them.

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Its a fake claim. I did delivered to you and you said you will send me payment and you apologized for being late. I don't want those discussion to public here.

What you claim is the second plugin that you asked and I am asking the payment for the previous work. I have toooo much of messages to find that here. so its hard to get that old ones.

The plugin you said which I did for you, is not done for you. It was my second ever plugin for oxwall which was nearly 2 years back and I know only a year or so. Again funny on you. False claim.

On what basis you agreed that you will pay me? For the UN-delivered plugin? Looks funny mate.

I don't want to extend this un productive conversion here..  I am busy to involved in such fake claims.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
As you have taken our private conversion here, I also should make your words on payment on Nov 2013. Why did you agreed to pay for a UN-finished plugin? Because the payment was not for an unfinished plugin. It was for another plugin which I did for you. DOT.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
See, I am not keen on money.  I have done many works free and even supported for other plugins just out of helping motive.

I was just fed up with no-reponse. That;s it. As its really long time, I am not able to get the conversion which plugin was it. I am sure that plugin is not yet in store.

If you still think, I am not fair with you, I don't need any payment. Lets finish this up.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked