We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CAN A SITE OWNER GET A REFUND FROM DEVELOPERS IF PLUGINS DONT WORK AS ADVERTISED ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 2 '14
Because i wanted to pay you trusting the work would be as i expected mate.....as mentioned you always do outstanding.....But a month after i saw the same plugin i wanted in the store for $5 and it got me worried.....that

1. You said you were tool busy to work on what i wanted
2. What i wanted was not exactly the results but it was cheaper

Like i said i will pay the $40

---
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam
As you have taken our private conversion here, I also should make your words on payment on Nov 2013. Why did you agreed to pay for a UN-finished plugin? Because the payment was not for an unfinished plugin. It was for another plugin which I did for you. DOT.

Webster Molaudi
No Puru,

I will pay you i dont want bad karma on me my friend....You did the work even not fully, i would also be angry if i didn't get paid for my time...effort....of which i could have did something productive with it.

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam See, I am not keen on money.  I have done many works free and even supported for other plugins just out of helping motive.

I was just fed up with no-reponse. That;s it. As its really long time, I am not able to get the conversion which plugin was it. I am sure that plugin is not yet in store.

If you still think, I am not fair with you, I don't need any payment. Lets finish this up.

Thanks.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Your response looks funny. Sorry to say. were you checking my plugin for 3 months whether it was wat you requested?

All I wanted is a response and not money.. Lets forget this now and get back to our work.. I know you too busy.. Bye. Thanks.

have a good day.
Webster Molaudi
Okay suit yourself my friend....Have a good day too !!

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Your response looks funny. Sorry to say. were you checking my plugin for 3 months whether it was wat you requested?

All I wanted is a response and not money.. Lets forget this now and get back to our work.. I know you too busy.. Bye. Thanks.

have a good day.

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Feb 2 '14
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam
Quote from RAHUL verma simply a buyer should give chance to fix problems to developer with all details which a dev needs ,if its not fixed (no matter server fault/php faults /sql faults ) devs should give a refund ..

You are completely wrong Rahul. How can a developer be responsible for server fault/php faults/sql faults? This looks meaning less.

"purus da , i didnt mean in that way.no one is responsible for server /softwere fault . just think what i will do with a plugin if it is not supported on my server ? :D . it will be useless and there is no option to test and buy it later . 

" from a buyer's end .. i saw plugins -->seems nice for my website ---> i bought ---> after installing i came to know it isn't supported on my server .. " now what ? i lost money and the product i bought is useless for me .

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Agreed. On such special requirements, plugin should say it clearly..

That is not a problem. But the problem is some does not even give information but request for refund.
Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Feb 2 '14
@Webster : you should pay him for the work he has done for you even he was late :) 
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Its a fake claim. I did delivered to you and you said you will send me payment and you apologized for being late. I don't want those discussion to public here.

What you claim is the second plugin that you asked and I am asking the payment for the previous work. I have toooo much of messages to find that here. so its hard to get that old ones.

The plugin you said which I did for you, is not done for you. It was my second ever plugin for oxwall which was nearly 2 years back and I know only a year or so. Again funny on you. False claim.

On what basis you agreed that you will pay me? For the UN-delivered plugin? Looks funny mate.

I don't want to extend this un productive conversion here..  I am busy to involved in such fake claims.

+1
The Forum post is edited by Lech Sakhar Feb 2 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Jabid Dakta @Webster : pay him for the work he done :)
Hi Jabid,

Please let us close this and don;t want take this any further.
Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Feb 2 '14
ok.
Webster Molaudi
@ Jabid,

Im not disputing the fact of not paying because he did the work....im disputing the fact that im not paying because the work was not what i wanted. And like i said im a person that doesn't like to cause grudges, hence i stated previously that if he feels he deserves to be paid for incomplete work...I would gladly pay. But he said he doesn't what my $40 of which one of the Developers "OxwallAccessories" claims its a small change to him.

Let me get something clear to everyone.....No one wants to be taken for a ride, we all work hard to earn our money, we know money doesn't grow on trees ( No pun intended ) ..... we all come from all walks of life and $5 can mean a lot to someone from 3rd World countries than in the USA / UK / India...Im from South Africa. $40 = +/- R500 to the Dollar which is enough to take a child to school maybe $5 can only buy you Happy Meal from MacDonald from the USA or India or rather where you stay but for some its enough to support a family of 4 for a month.

Developers are not only in India / USA / UK .... I can get a developer from China / Canada / Nigeria / Dubai or even Australia.... It seems developers take advantage of site owners because a plugin is $5 it doesn't give you the right to do a sh*tty work.

Oxwall can work fine without the developers plugins....Its just a "Luxury" to have a developer's plugin run on our sites as site owners.....Hell....i would rather donate that $5 or $40 to the development of oxwall if other developers feel my $5 is small change.

When i started here with oxwall i had a network with Ning becuase of their arrogance and not listening to its members / site owners .....people began jumping ship taking their networks elsewhere.

I started with 2 other hosts for my oxwall before i ended with the current host of which its been a year being with them because they care more about their customers than their pockets and making profit....I know some developers are not business minded but technology minded so clearly they dont know customer relations.

They take advantage because they are in india or USA and im in Africa which is thousand miles away so they will do a lame job and charge me for it and think they can get away with it as i will not get a refund as a site owner.

a note to developers "DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU"

We want quality not quantity....its pointless to have 20 plugins in the store if they dont work proper....rather have 1 plugin which you invest time and your effort  in the store and the rewards will be greater.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
+1 webster.

Even $1 is a money hard earned and proper support should be provided by the developer. Even I would expect the same.
Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Feb 2 '14
As far as I notice, many believe we should organize differently plugins management, many successful opensource software lost their spirit and their energy because of that lack of "management".
dave Leader
dave Feb 2 '14
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14018?page=1#post-70888

The best you can do is report them until there is a management plan that has more teeth to bite them if they do not produce good customer service and a good product.  

Anyone that knows Puru knows that he is dedicated to his work and also to his products regardless if they are free or paid.  

This is the attitude they all should have but it is not a perfect world and sadly there are those few developers that just do not care especially if it is free.   So report them every chance you get and eventually they will get bitten and will no longer be able to have a store. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 2 '14
Quote from dave http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14018?page=1#post-70888

The best you can do is report them until there is a management plan that has more teeth to bite them if they do not produce good customer service and a good product.  

Anyone that knows Puru knows that he is dedicated to his work and also to his products regardless if they are free or paid.  

This is the attitude they all should have but it is not a perfect world and sadly there are those few developers that just do not care especially if it is free.   So report them every chance you get and eventually they will get bitten and will no longer be able to have a store. 

dave is there any chance you can answer my post way back in this forum
about a test site
dave Leader
dave Feb 3 '14

@tammy 

Well dear i would but unfortunately i dont make those decisions.  My only option is to expess my opinion just as you do in this case.   But i have volunteered to teach test site training, see me after class lmao... JK dear lol...)

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 3 '14
@dave
seriously something need to be done to make oxwall better for developers and customers
and it needs to be a huge change  
dave Leader
dave Feb 3 '14

I agree tammy that there may need to be some improvements but also please remember that just because a developer decides to be a jerk and not play by the rules does not mean the whole system is a wash.  Every thing you do in life comes with risk, some more than others.  And that goes double for any online purchases regardless if your buying shoes or software. 

There is no fullproof way to regulate honesty and character.   There are certainly policy improvements that can help but when you get right down to it, if somone decides not to abide by them then there is not a whole lot that can be done short of legal action which takes time, manpower and other resources.  And that is for any business or product not just oxwall.   Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad in life and move on.

Also remember that there are plenty of developers that care and give great service and a quality product.

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 3 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 3 '14
@ dave 
I find both your posts to be unacceptable. 
The first one childish and immature. 

Well dear i would but unfortunately i dont make those decisions.  My only option is to expess my opinion just as you do in this case.   But i have volunteered to teach test site training, see me after class lmao... JK dear lol...)

Your badges says leader hahah leader 
As a leader you should of answer my concerns and questions with dignity and pride in your product.
How can any developer/customer take oxwall seriously when a leader acts like a child ??.
A leader who does not seam to give a shit about the pain and suffering developers and customs are having.

correct answer

Tammy that sounds like a great idea and i will put it to the other leaders and oxwall team.
Tammy if we can implement something like this would you be willing to take your idea further and help with a design.

wow what a great answer from a leader    

Your second post i will answer in a pm because i am going to use profanity that will make most readers eyes bleed. 

dave Leader
dave Feb 3 '14

First of all Tammy i understand where you are comming from and your concern and as for the profanity well if you have to express yourself that way well thats your issue.  As far as the joke i think you may have misunderstood that quite honestly.  How many times have you been to a meeting and you ask a question and they say see me after the meeting.  It is because you have a special question that requires special attention.  I only laughed because there is no after class here.  And i said JK because i did not want you to think that i did not take you seriously.

As far as wether or not you consider me an adequate leader, all i can do is "do what i do"  and if i dont score high with you then i am sorry but not my issue.

Now back on point here.  As i have said in the past rules are designed for those who have character enough and care enough to follow them.  Those who dont well those are the exceptions and something we all must bare.

As per your idea of having a new forum topic designed around developers and consumers communicating, that was the idea behind the plugin support posts, but the problem is that developers do not want posts there.  Most issues are solved via email and until we can come up with a system that devs will gladly follow, having a new forum topic will not work.

I hope you see my point.

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 4 '14
Now back on point here.  As i have said in the past rules are designed for those who have character enough and care enough to follow them.  Those who dont well those are the exceptions and something we all must bare.

those that brake the rules should be punished and there plugins removed

As per your idea of having a new forum topic designed around developers and consumers communicating, that was the idea behind the plugin support posts, but the problem is that developers do not want posts there.  Most issues are solved via email and until we can come up with a system that devs will gladly follow, having a new forum topic will not work.

open your eyes and read what i wrote 
that has nothing to do with anything i said

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked