We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

From Oxwall to Wordpress/Buddypress | Forum

Daniele
Daniele Jan 23 '14
I'm not happy but after one year I decided to move my website from Wordpress/ Buddypress.

I has waited version 1.6 but form me platform has a lot of street to do:

1) No useful documentation (It's impossible to develop and personalize this platform)

2) No mobile support (in this moment we have only a starting point but it's impossible to use this in a real way and a lot of user decide to disable it)

3) Slowness in publishing updates

Today an open platform without documentation and without a real mobile support frustrates all good things that this platform has.

Has anyone made ​​the migration from Oxwall to WordPress?

Do you have some suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Fennec
Fennec Jun 16 '16
You can create an script for migrate users, and after find plugins like plugin's Oxwall. If wall's information is important for you, you can find a plugin like oxwall for wall and create another script to traslate it.
ross Team
ross Jun 16 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave Jun 17 '16
But save your oxwall site because i think you will find that the format you are moving to has its own frustrations, and you might end up coming back to oxwall. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 30 '16
i test wordpress and i feel it have features that much better then oxwall and some features that oxwall have much better...so i decide to stay with oxwall
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 30 '16
Alex Marc
Alex Marc Oct 17 '18
 I was having an issue with my old hosting while upgrading my WordPress website to new versions, I have moved to Cloudways managed WordPress hosting service and migrated my website through migration plugin and it transferred in minutes without fixing anything technically. You can use both with Cloudways.
Low Pates
Low Pates Feb 21 '23
I need to change CloudWays , can you advise me them?
Glem Morson
Glem Morson Feb 21 '23
And it's true CloudWays is actually not easy for beginners and so you have to consider an alternative. If you want good attendance, then first of all you need to look at the reliability of the hosting provider, for example here . Try LiquidWeb is a good option for beginners and has good functionality.
thomas
thomas Mar 2 '23
If you are looking for a reliable and secure platform to build your website, then https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/is the perfect choice. It offers regular updates and security patches to ensure that your website stays safe and secure from potential threats.You can coolly use it to develop a booking app for your hotel. Therefore, I recommend it.