We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error in Join Page | Forum

Purusothaman Ramanujam
When going to join page, I am getting the below error.

wwww.site.com\join

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Textarea::setOptions() in C:\xampp\htdocs\oxwall\ow_system_plugins\base\classes\user_question_form.php on line 186

(debug and dev mode enabled)

This issue was already reported in Oxwall 1.6 beta version. Is anyone else facing this issue?

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 4 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Also not all fields are shown in the form. Only textbox related fields are shown.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Does anyone else facing this issue? I am facing this issue even in a fresh install of oxwall in my localhost.
ross Team
ross Jan 28 '14
Purusothaman, we could not reproduce the issue. We need someone else to report this on their live website so we could reproduce that. Meanwhile we put this issue on hold. 
Greg
Greg Feb 27 '14
I have the same problem as listed above. If you click on Join it returns "Fatal error: Call to undefined method Textarea::setOptions() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\kx\ow_system_plugins\base\classes\user_question_form.php on line 186" I clicked refresh and the join page comes up but it is missing the fields for user name and some others. I entered a password in the fields and clicked join. The same fatal error comes up, I click refresh and the join field come back with more fields available but still no user name field. Filled in the fields hit join, fatal error comes back, hit refresh and it is back to the first join screen with only the password fields open.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
Attachments:
  Capture21.JPG (49.26Kb)
  Capture22.JPG (55.38Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thank you.. I was thinking I have alone gone crazy :) Finally I am not alone :D

This is 100% exactly the same issue I am facing too.

PS: When I moved to WAMPP, the problem did not happen. I could see this problem only with XAMPP.

Greg
Greg Feb 27 '14
So everything works like it should on WAMPP?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. I don't see any issues with WAMP, except that the script timeouts when DEBUG/DEV mode is enabled.
Greg
Greg Feb 27 '14
I just checked and we are using ampps, which is built on wampp but we still have this problem. Is there anything else that anyone can think of that is causing this?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have no clue on whats wrong. Oxwall team should see on this.
ross Team
ross Feb 28 '14
Greg, Purusothaman, 

can you please send us the backup of your database and code of the version where you have that error? we need to check it. Thanks

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have to re-install the XAMPP. I can send you that once done.
Greg
Greg Feb 28 '14
I am working on getting this info together for you. thanks

Greg
Greg Mar 1 '14
Ross I sent you a PM with a link to the file. Thank you
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '14
Ok, I passed the archive to our developers, as soon as I get any news I'll get back to you. Thanks. 
ross Team
ross Mar 4 '14
here's the fix: 

/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/user_question_form.php

line 89 

replace this: 

// set field options if ( isset($questionValueList[$question['name']]) ) { $this->setFieldOptions($formField, $question['name'], $questionValueList[$question['name']]);

with this: 

if ( isset($questionValueList[$question['name']]) && method_exists($formField, 'setOptions') ) { $this->setFieldOptions($formField, $question['name'], $questionValueList[$question['name']]); }

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks. Hope this fix would be merged in the next release.
Greg
Greg Mar 4 '14
It did not work :( After making the change I went to join as a new member would. It came up with 3 favorite music boxes and the password and confirm PW boxes and Captcha. Filled them in and it gave me a Error 500 Internal Server Error. hit back and different fields were available still not user name but only one fav music box and the PW boxes and Captcha. Hit refresh and everything looked good for a sign up page filled all the boxes in but it said please fill in all forms (or somethign like that) but there were no forms left to fill in. hit refresh and it added real name to the fields. Completed the forms hit Join and it brought me back to a join page with no user name box and three music boxes just like the first time.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
+1 Greg. I just tried and the same to me.
Ledia
Ledia Mar 13 '14
I have the same problem, the sign up page it's not stable after the modification provided by ross. Did you guys find any correct solution? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »