We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

@ connect coming this week! | Forum

Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
I want a working plugin myself... but I don't want to condone stealing if that's what happened. I'll let Oxwall decide and then see if I want to wait or not. Either way this thread makes OxwallAccessories and FexTechs both look like they're run by 15 year olds.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 27 '14
Wow..... Just wow
Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from Jeff I want a working plugin myself... but I don't want to condone stealing if that's what happened. I'll let Oxwall decide and then see if I want to wait or not. Either way this thread makes OxwallAccessories and FexTechs both look like they're run by 15 year olds.

See .. I DO understand what you are saying .. but from what I can see, a lot of extra work has gone into improving this plugin, not just making it work .. but improving it .. under a BSD license I assume? 

I don't mind the extra cash ... Id rather that and fight for a refund from the original company who seem to have lost control of their developer.

at the end of the day, i have a live site .. I have a live site i want the plugin I paid for to work .. now .. not in two months.

this new version can accomplish that for me - the other is ringed with excuses

Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
Quote from Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from Jeff I want a working plugin myself... but I don't want to condone stealing if that's what happened. I'll let Oxwall decide and then see if I want to wait or not. Either way this thread makes OxwallAccessories and FexTechs both look like they're run by 15 year olds.

See .. I DO understand what you are saying .. but from what I can see, a lot of extra work has gone into improving this plugin, not just making it work .. but improving it .. under a BSD license I assume? 

I don't mind the extra cash ... Id rather that and fight for a refund from the original company who seem to have lost control of their developer.

at the end of the day, i have a live site .. I have a live site i want the plugin I paid for to work .. now .. not in two months.

I understand what you're saying. I think the higher price is, frankly, insulting, but I understand sometimes people need instantly things and have to support things they aren't 100% behind. In my case I have the option of waiting - so I will. I don't like they way this was handled by either party.
Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from Jeff
Quote from Martyn ZombieTuesday

I understand what you're saying. I think the higher price is, frankly, insulting, but I understand sometimes people need instantly things and have to support things they aren't 100% behind. In my case I have the option of waiting - so I will. I don't like they way this was handled by either party.

I get ya .. it is the nature of code to fork tho, often in a similar way to this .. few months down the line, both plugins will have evolved and work differently, I'm cool with it.

I used to use a CMS called etomite years ago .. a fork came off that called ModX I use that now ,... that had a lot of politics attached to it at the start ,., now they are both total different systems.

Joseph
Joseph Feb 27 '14
Foxtechs or jake you say there hasn't been many changes to OA's plugin from yours so I ask you have you reviewed the new plugin? I think not as you haven't had it in your possession. Don't judge this product until you look at your back end code and compare with their back end code. That is what Oxwall themselves is currently doing or has already done and if this plugin releases it will mean that Oxwall deemed the code different and not copied. Simply do not start anything before you see code.
Joseph
Joseph Feb 27 '14
secondly we all saw OA extend a helping hand and try and help you while your developer was unable to and you refused this could have been your plugin if you think about it.
Jeff
Jeff Feb 28 '14
Tried to check out the new plugin but the captcha at http://kushkustoms.com/ doesn't work.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 28 '14
the drop down was removed before you started posting here
Oxwall Accessories

Kushkustoms.com

Lucy123/pass
Oxwall Accessories
Should be released as soon as an oxwall team member looks at it. I will have to investigate those issues a bit. 
Jeff
Jeff Mar 1 '14
There needs to be some sort of autofill in your plugin. The usernames are case sensitive which isn't that big of a deal with "Jake" but with a username like "MyUsernAmeisWeirdasfucK" it would suck to have to type out the entire thing completely and correctly.
Pages: « 1 2 3