We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot Install!!! Help!!! | Forum

ross Team
ross Mar 6 '14
Alright, you have the same freehosting problem as Leon Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server closed the connection without sending any data.

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems.

Due to heavy load on the server, connections may be temporarily blocked from locations that fetch an unusually high number of pages.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is your error, contact hosting provider support to resolve this issue so we could proceed

Leon Yip
Leon Yip Mar 7 '14

I would like to ask something.

I tried to use some software which also have an install panel like Oxwall, like SMF.

When the website is moving host, all we have to do is move the database and files.

And then change config.php

For Oxwall, if the installation cannot be carried out in free hosting,

is it possible if I upload a default-Oxwall database and files(via FTP).

And then change some minor details in the files? (host name, database, password,etc)

Can this work? Then this can skip the installation

ross Team
ross Mar 9 '14
Yes, sure you can do that, you can install Oxwall on localhost first. Like wamp, lamp or xampp and then transfer it to the live server. Here's the manual: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:how-to-transfer-my-site-to-another-hosting
Aman
Aman Mar 27 '14
hosting problem. Try "huminity hosting services" search on google
Anh
Anh Mar 27 '14
Auto install Owxxwall width softaculous

Disk Space: 500 MB
Bandwidth Allowance: 20.000 MB
E-Mail Accounts: Unlimited
Subdomain: Unlimited
Addon Domain: Unlimited
Parker Domain: Unlimited
FTP Accounts: Unlimited
Database MySQL: Unlimited

0 $ / Month

http://hostingfreeweb.net/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=1
The Forum post is edited by Anh Mar 27 '14
Aman
Aman Apr 10 '14
Try DreamYourHost.com
First give a try to Free web hosting plan and if you get satisfied, Upgrade to premium and get the limits removed. It will work perfectly as per your requirements :)
John
John Apr 10 '14
Oxwall CANNOT be installed onWAMP! There is a workaround which I'm preparing to publish but I have to make sure I have it right before I do.

If anyone wishes to disagree with my statement, please let us all know how you did it. I've tried 20 times using every trick in the book and the work-around is a pain.

Also, if you download Oxwall on a site that has Softcofolous, there is no guarantee that it will run. Some hosts using Softcofolous do not support all the scripts included in the Softcofolous package. As an example, Dolphin which is included in Softcofolous does not run on my Lunarpages shared server.

Oxwall does run okay on my server. It's not a production site so there isn't any server load.

I tried porting Oxwall to a Domains Priced Right (GoDaddy) shared server and changed the config to suit. the script runs to a degree, but many features do not work. FTP being one. It cannot be used as a production site there.

People are very quick to tell us which host to use, but they must realise  that many of us are already committed to hosting contracts. It would be nice if Oxwall ran on them.
Aman
Aman Apr 10 '14
change your host to dreamyourhost.com
John
John Apr 10 '14
@Aman Please read what I said or please stop spamming.
Pages: « 1 2
This topic is locked