We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Layout Problem - PhotoEvent | Forum

jweb665
jweb665 Apr 8 '14
Hi,

Great plugin !! Only problem is under each photo it says By (user name) In (Event Name Title).

On the event page there are 4 columns and when viewing all I think 5 columns of photo's.

Well depending on the length of the Event Title it 'reduces' the columns from 5, to 4, to 3 to even just 1 column.

Is it possible to truncate the title of the event name to a certain number of characters under the photo's so it does not affect the layout??

Thanks

iDragon Solution Co., Ltd
Let's us check then get back to you soon
jweb665
jweb665 May 12 '14
Hi,

Any news on this ?? Did you test it with a Long Event Description ??

HI jweb665,

Could you please create a new ticket for this issue, so we will easy to track and solve asap.

jweb665
jweb665 May 12 '14
It is not specific to me but for the plugin itself so, everyone who uses this plugin will experience the same issue. Lets leave it in the forum so others can see the progress.

Have you even looked at it ? 

jweb665
jweb665 May 15 '14
Ok, I have found this function .. thanks to the original developer for their help ... NOT :-(

Locate file: photoevent/views/components/photoevent_list.html

Find around line 23:

<br/>{text key='photoevent+in'} <a href="{url_for_route for="eventx.view:[eventId=>`$photoevent.event->id`]"}">{$photoevent.event->title|truncate:60}</a>    {/capture}

Change to No. of characters you want:

<br/>{text key='photoevent+in'} <a href="{url_for_route for="eventx.view:[eventId=>`$photoevent.event->id`]"}">{$photoevent.event->title|truncate:26}</a>    {/capture}

26 characters keeps the same layout format without messing up photos.

BTW - This developer could have helped with this query posted over a month ago. They asked us to Open a ticket on their website because they just want money money money. However, we have opened many tickets and sometimes they don't even answer.

The Forum post is edited by jweb665 May 15 '14
HI,

Please  paste our answer/reply for requesting money (money, money, money) to fix this task.
We always willing to fix for free if our products get error.

P/s: Please check our products's description, We said that please open ticket to contact with us, so we can easy to assign task to our staff and track it. You know if our customers/users post request in here, how can we controll, we will miss something.

Sorry, my friend.

jweb665
jweb665 May 15 '14
We posted a simple question on the 8th of April and it is now the 15th of May and we had to find the solution ourselves.

You gave us no help and the solution was as simple as changing two digits in one file.

The Forum post is edited by jweb665 May 15 '14
You do not have permission to reply this topic