We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site went down with error | Forum

Dominick
Dominick Jul 3 '14

Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 185

I woke up this morning with this error. I did not install any new plugins.

ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
You will need to contact your hosting provider support, the're something wrong with the PDO module on your server. 
Dominick
Dominick Jul 3 '14

I've been reading everything about it this error and already opened a trouble ticket with them.

Thanks

Drake
Drake Jul 3 '14
Ive got the same issue on all our oxwall sites who at Oxwall is handling this?
Drake
Drake Jul 3 '14
Hosting provider is saying there is a script compatability issue with with the following

Oxwall for further assistance on how to update your scripts to handle servers running 5.4.30 PHP.

20 Hours a Day
20 Hours a Day Jul 3 '14

I have made no changes to my sites for 2 weeks and everything has been running without error. Noticed blank sign in page last night and now this morning, same fatal error as Dominick.  All of my sites are down.  I have opened a ticket with my host, but still odd that this just occurred suddenly and without warnings.

Drake
Drake Jul 3 '14
OK all it's not a hosted issue.  A lot of hosting solutions are migrating to php 5.4.3 due to a compromise thats is floating around the web.  But Oxwall's PDO module scripts do not know how to speak with this new PHP version.  I am having my hosting provider move all my sites to a temp server with the previous PHP until I either move to my own vps. Or Oxwall comes out with a patch.
Drake
Drake Jul 3 '14
hey Ross Not our side it's the Oxwall side BTW
20 Hours a Day
20 Hours a Day Jul 3 '14

@Drake, my host (HostforWeb) said the same thing, "Unfortunately Oxwall is not compatible with this version of PHP".  They are attempting to migrate my files back onto a temp server with previous PHP version. However, they are only giving me 12 hours before they terminate that server, so that means Oxwall needs to be compatible within the 12 hours or my sites will continue to be useless.  How did we get left out of this update process?  Three hours later and my sites are still offline. If the Oxwall PHP version is truly out of date while hosts are patching a compromise, these forums are going to start exploding very shortly.

We need better transparency from Oxwall as to what steps are recommended?  I hate getting caught with my pants down and no warnings.

ross Team
ross Jul 4 '14
Guys, can any of you provide me FTP access details to your website? 
Drake
Drake Jul 5 '14
Ross I can but we'll need to speak with my hosting company they just moved me to a new server running the previous PHP.  I am sure they would be happy to assist they have several oxwall sites and they want to get them all on 5.4.3

When can we arrange a time to get this all coordinated?

bobbi
bobbi Jul 5 '14
this is terrible, how the hell can oxwall allow this to happen,

the platform update is in a couple of days what php version will it run on will the platform update solve this bad situation, this could be the end of oxwall if a solution is not found, i hope oxwall are working on a fix

my site is ok at this present time but if my host upgrades php then i may be forced to seek another social network platform and start again as will many others i am sure

Drake
Drake Jul 5 '14
bobbi I don't believe that to be the case.  I found quite a few folks running 5.4.3 in my search for help the other day.  I believe this is just a fluke and will be resolved by Oxwall team,,  It seems to be just a hand shake issue with PDO or a server confic=g issue on host side.  Still working it out.  I am sure this will all get resolved shortly.
Dominick
Dominick Jul 5 '14
My host provider said it was do to 5.4.30 PHP and they migrated me to a pervious version until oxwall updates. I should have posted back here sooner but took all day and was 4th of July here yesterday. I'm waiting now on Oxwall to post an update.
ben
ben Jul 5 '14
im using php 5.4.30 and PDO and running well
Drake
Drake Jul 6 '14
Robert, Just an FYI I'm using Host For Web for all my sites, they're Awesome Highly recommend them.  Service is great!  And Ben our server companies are saying it's Oxwall but that doesn't seem to be the case.  It looks like there is an issue with the PDO mod on some hosting services.  Can you lend any advice or do you know of something yours did that made this all work well.  Host For Web would really like to know. We're not the only ones on their service who use  Oxwall.
Dominick
Dominick Jul 6 '14
I use host for web also. They are Excellent.
ross Team
ross Jul 6 '14
Yes, Ben thank you for backing me up there. :) we have about 7 test websites and all of them on different versions of php, as well as 5.4.3 seems like that your php version is not compatible with the PDO module which is on the server, this is has nothing to do with the software, this is server settings, which is why I asked one of you to provide me your FTP access details in PM, so I could check and confirm it. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 6 '14
Drake
Drake Jul 7 '14
Ross:

I replied to your request.  I would be more than happy to provide you with the ftp access but my sites have been moved to a server with the previous PHP version.  We would need to speak with HostForWeb to coordinate a server with PHP 5.4.3 in order for this to be productive and effective.  You never answered me with a time to coordinate this event.

ross Team
ross Jul 7 '14
10 am -7 pm GMT +6 Monday-Friday. Within this schedule at any time. 
Pages: 1 2 »