We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't generate uri for empty controller/action ! | Forum

Daniel
Daniel Oct 3 '11
I got an error message after adding the profile button and the terms button to the bottom of the profile section
in the Profile section from the Admin account. Please help me get my website back you can see the erro here:
http://my.Frowear.com

Can't generate uri for empty controller/action !/home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_core/default_route.php49#0 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_core/router.php(291): OW_DefaultRoute->generateUri(NULL, NULL, Array) #1 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_core/router.php(277): OW_Router->uriFor(NULL, NULL, Array) #2 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/navigation_service.php(286): OW_Router->urlFor(NULL, NULL) #3 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_system_plugins/base/components/bottom_menu.php(41): BOL_NavigationService->getMenuItems(Array) #4 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_core/master_page.php(132): BASE_CMP_BottomMenu->__construct() #5 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_core/master_page.php(56): OW_MasterPage->init() #6 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/ow_core/application.php(187): OW_MasterPage->__construct() #7 /home3/frowearc/public_html/my/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #8 {main}InvalidArgumentException
Daniel
Daniel Oct 3 '11
Found the solution on the Forum

Message #13
Hi everyone, I'm new. Great software so far.

I had the same problem with adding the "Terms of use" page to the bottom menu. It completely shut down my site. The page is missing or linked incorrectly.
I was able to recover by making a change in the database. It's easy to do if you use phpMyAdmin to administer you database. I'll try to explain.

Back up your database first in case something goes wrong.
Click on the database on the left so it expands the list of table in the database.
Look for the table that has "base_menu_item" in its name and click on it.
Choose "browse" from the tabs at the top so you can view the content of the table.
In the table header, look for "id".
You will probably have to go to the second page of content by clicking the button that has " > " on it.
Locate "411" in the id column.
Click the pencil icon to the left of 411 in the same row. This is for editing the record.
Locate the word "type" in the column "field" in the form.
In the same row, there is a text box on the right side. It will probably say "middle". Change the value to "hidden" without the quotes.
On the bottom right corner of the form, click "Go" to commit the new value.
Your site should be functioning now.
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Mario
Mario Oct 25 '11
thanks a bunch dude! i was wigging out for a second lol