We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cost - User Credits | Forum

Sean
Sean Aug 19 '14
$99 is this a mistake?

Seriously?

$99 for one of the most popular plug-ins for an open source platform?
Musik
Musik Aug 20 '14
Sean, also note that as of 1.7, this plugin does not work properly and despite our efforts, the plugin developer does not seem to understand our issue. I do not recommend this plugin.
Sean
Sean Aug 20 '14
I have the plugin at the moment for a 1.6 site, and I think I purchased it for around $25.

I just went to buy it again for another client site I'm doing and realised this new price! Outrageous.
Skalfa LLC Partner
David
David Sep 6 '14
I can see I´m not the only one, who considers the recent price hike as a step wrong way. I recommend everyone not to buy this plugin. I already discouraged all my associates from buying it. Sooner or later there will come some developer with sound judgement, who would create similr plugin for a normal price.
Sean
Sean Sep 6 '14
I made my own credits plugin as this was absolutely disguising. Talk about taking advantage.
Kelvin
Kelvin Sep 6 '14
Sean too late. I just bought it... I can't wait this plugin to drop price.. I do hard work for my website. I want my website is professional and more fun to play around. Skalfa LLC please do not drop price. or I will feel unfair.
David
David Sep 7 '14

@Kelvin 

Do you really mean this?! That is an absolutely ridiculous argument to say: "I bought it for an exaggerated price, so everyone must buy it for this excessive price!" This is a childish argument and absolutely disloyal towards the community! That is only your business and your choice that you have bought the plugin.

@Sean 

Please send me a PM with more info. I will buy it, if the plugin is good and for a normal price.

Michael
Michael Sep 21 '14
The price is way too expensive, why dont you be nice and make it affordable to everyone. We all want to make money but this is stupid and just greedy.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
As another developer, I was shocked to see the price as well.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I should think of creating an alternative plugin for my own demo purposes.
David
David Sep 29 '14

@Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please create an alternative plugin. People will buy from you.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sure. I am thinking of that.
Leslie Adrian
Leslie Adrian Dec 9 '14
I'm so tired of users complaining about what they think is high costs of plugins. Go download Joomla or WP a good plugin for those will usually set you back a recurring annual fee for support. I much prefer to pay the price for good plugins and not waste time using the forums as a complaints board. Cheers
James
James Dec 9 '14
That is just it.. Not a good plugin and still cost 99.00
Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 9 '14
James actually this is the best plugin for members to do virtual money. Earn credits and spend credits for your site such as Ads or sell items or Promo their photo or account or send virtual gifts.
Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 9 '14
I know I need this plugin very much even I don't have enough members to earn my $99 back. But I want to invest this plugin. I can't wait... Skalfa LLC won't drop this plugin price because his another dating web service cost hundreds of dollars for providing you user credit plugin and paid membership...etc
Austeyr
Austeyr Feb 8 '15
So much for open source. this is why i don't bother with plugins anymore. i use the basics and that's all i need. 99$ for 1 plugin that adds bugger all to your website, if you can honestly say users will buy credits in excess or come to your website just to use user credits, so much so it warrants you paying 99$ then ok i'm impressed, but i doubt it. people will come to your site with or without this plugin. it's a 99$ gimmick that seems to make webmasters want it like a fat kid wants mc donalds. if your buying this plugin make sure it's for your customers not cause you think it's cool. 
The Forum post is edited by Austeyr Feb 8 '15
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 1 '15

Austeyr, any work should be paid. Our plugin is a complex system which is improving on the constant basis. It is important to remember that by buying the plugin - you receive not only the lifetime license, but the possibility of free updates which bring a new features to your site. 

Guys, this plugin is not a plugin of necessities. If you began brooding over this plugin, it means that you've already built your community, you have a lot of users and now you want to earn money from your site. We agree that the price is enough high for Oxwall community, but if you already have a business model of your site and you really know what you want and how to achieve it - you will definitely think about this plugin. If you believe this plugin is not worthy of these money - you can create your own plugin and sell it in the Oxwall Store at a lower cost. But, we are sure that when you spend a lot of time on the plugin development and realize that it's not so easy to create such plugin - you will find the appropriate price for it.

You do not have permission to reply this topic