We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

bug in advertisement plugin for 1.7.1 base [SOLVED] | Forum

pit
pit Aug 25 '14

Hi guys.

Yes... i upload to 1.7.1 from 1.7.0 because i think that 1.7.1 release is not in beta phase but now im not sure and i have this problem (curiously other problems that I have got with 1.7.0 seems solved with this upgrade)

Ok, now I have 2 problems but by the moment, in this thread 1st solve this problem.

When I enable this plugin, system show this message:

Message:Argument 1 passed to contactus_ads_enabled() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector given File: ???????????/ow_plugins/contactus/init.php Line: 47

i think that the problem is with traductions, and i try to complete all traductions of english language to adversitsement plugin but the problem persists... 

...and when i go to plugin settings (in admin page), i cant open the PLUGINS --> INSTALLED PLUGINS --> "banner placement" because show me the same error.

The Forum post is edited by pit Aug 27 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 25 '14
Pit, the plugin will be updated within next 24 hours and will be available in the store
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 25 '14
pit
pit Aug 26 '14
Ok, no problem, i hope...
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 26 '14

Quote from ross Pit, the plugin will be updated within next 24 hours and will be available in the store
bad chance, i was updated advertising plugin but i have this error, dear ross, you mean that will be another update for this plugin ?
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Aug 26 '14
This problem only happens with Contact Us plugin and or Advertisement. Conflict between the two??  
The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 Aug 26 '14
Raphael
Raphael Aug 26 '14
Yeah. I am having this problem too. I have to either deactivate Advertisement plugin for Contact us plugin to work or the other way round. And when I activate both of them (even after updating Advertisement plugin to 7.1) i got this error:

OW Debug - Error

Message: Argument 1 passed to contactus_ads_enabled() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector given File: /xxxxxx/ow_plugins/contactus/init.php Line: 47

And line 47 of contactus/init.php reads
function contactus_ads_enabled( BASE_EventCollector $event )

I would be glad to get a quick solution to this please.
The Forum post is edited by Raphael Aug 26 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 26 '14
Guys, contact us plugin will be updated asap, fix in the update as well. Please be patient. 
pit
pit Aug 27 '14
Hi ross, the advertisement plugin will be updated too?

I say in the first comment but note that when i go to advertisement plugin settings (in backend page), i cant open the PLUGINS --> INSTALLED PLUGINS --> "banner placement" because show me the same error.

Don't worry, I'm patient and I hope for a fix (I know that the staff have more job now with the updated platform 1.6 ===> 1.7~1.7.1

ross Team
ross Aug 27 '14
Guys, contact us plugin has been updated, please do the update of the plugin either auto or manual, this should fix the error. 
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Aug 27 '14
ross +1
pit
pit Aug 27 '14
ross.

I update the contact_us plugin [vers.3484] (i don't see any problem with this plugin before but i update it)..... and then update the advertisement plugin [vers.8000] 

Now 2 plugins are active and seems ALL OK. (i change this title thread and put SOLVED).

NEWLY THANKS FOR YOUR JOB (All team)

The Forum post is edited by pit Aug 27 '14
ben
ben Aug 27 '14
it is still have bug when you on index page then custumize this page and click on advertisement option then save
ross Team
ross Aug 27 '14
What bug ben? can you be more specific please?
Masgan
Masgan Feb 22 '15
advertisement plugins , eror and i am cannot setting this plugin . and can't monetize my site .  please help me . update plugins advertisement compatible with latest version oxwall script
ross Team
ross Feb 22 '15
What error? Where do you get this error? What is your software version? What is your ad plugin version. Read this please: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/5092
Masgan
Masgan Feb 22 '15
when I tried to put banner ads and adsense code. and I place it in the global section. I get an error message and posts like this. and many times I try to keep failing
Sorry, this document does not exist.

---------

oxwall version 1.7.2
latest plugins available in the market plugins.
Quote from ross What error? Where do you get this error? What is your software version? What is your ad plugin version. Read this please: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/5092

ross Team
ross Feb 22 '15
Masgan, before placing your ads in the global section, please open your firebug console and then repeat your steps, you should see what's causing the error. See this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting Make a screenshot of the error and send it here. 

When you see 'Sorry, this document does not exist' what is the url at this moment?
Do you have .htaccess file in the root of the software?

Masgan
Masgan Feb 22 '15

Quote from ross Masgan, before placing your ads in the global section, please open your firebug console and then repeat your steps, you should see what's causing the error. See this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting Make a screenshot of the error and send it here. 

When you see 'Sorry, this document does not exist' what is the url at this moment?
Do you have .htaccess file in the root of the software?

This, I have uploaded here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53D9OGaucU&feature=youtu.be
ross Team
ross Feb 22 '15
Masgan, I can't see this in video. What do you have in the URL when you get on this 'Sorry, this document does not exist' page?
Masgan
Masgan Feb 22 '15

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - https://www.glogav.com/...process-banner-form/"

/advert...r-form/The site specified an invalid Strict-Transport-Security header.

like this
Pages: 1 2 »