We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

website crashed after 1.7,1 platform update | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14

Quote from Aliia Kostia, do you by any chance use "Credits History and Transfer Credits" plugin?

If you are using it in combination with Skalfa's "User Credits" plugin, then your issue with update might be related to "Credits History" plugin. You should deactivate all third party plugins before updating.
yes i am using them both,, so how now i could fix this issue?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
Deactivate  this plugin and contact it's developer.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
If you are able to open your admin panel via www.sitename.com/admin URL, then open it and deactivate the plugin.

If you don't have access to your admin panel then open your database>> find "ow_base_plugin" table >> find Credits History plugin within the table >> edit >> set "isActive" value to "0".

After doing so, you will be able to see your admin panel again and finish updating rest of your plugins.

Important: please don't get confused between "User credits" and "Credits History" plugins. Those are two different ones. You need to deactivate "Credits History" only.
Wilson
Wilson Aug 26 '14
Just an FYI: I had the default theme set already and did the update with NO issues. I updated CORE, the plugins an then the themes, I didn't have to "deactivate" my plugins!

Wilson
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
I guess all depends on which plugins people use. Some don't cause any problems...and some do. Congratulations with updating to 1.7.1 Wilson  =)))
Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14

Quote from Aliia And by "deactivate" I mean opening your database>> finding "ow_base_plugin" table >> finding Credits History plugin within the table >> edit >> set "isActive" value to "0".

After doing so, you will be able to see your admin panel again and finish updating rest of your plugins.

Important: please don't get confused between "User credits" and "Credits History" plugins. Those are two different ones. You need to deactivate "Credits History" only.

thanks, it works, but got some othe problem, then i trie to update any plugin it shows me error 'plugin not found',, example:

i am trying to update 'Activity notifications' and got this error:

Message:file_get_contents(http://storage.oxwall.org/get-item-info?key=notifications&developerKey=e547ebcf734341ec11911209d93a1054): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!File:/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.phpLine:376

and

Message:file_put_contents(/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_log/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directoryFile:/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.phpLine:61

and

Message:chmod(): No such file or directoryFile:/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.phpLine:65

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Aug 26 '14
Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14
p.ss on my domain/ow_updates/index.php i see that update request but in admin panel there are no notification of update platform ( it was before), maybe should i trie update it by downloading 1.7.1 pack?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
Kostia,

>>Message:file_get_contents(http://storage.oxwall.org/get-item-info?key=notifications&developerKey=e547ebcf734341ec11911209d93a1054): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!File:/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.phpLine:376

This happened because for some reason system could not download the update from our Store. You just need to try updating after some time again. Most likely some kind of connection issue.

>>>Message:file_put_contents(/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_log/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directoryFile:/home/domain/domains/domain/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.phpLine:61

You will need to rename ow_logs folder to ow_log.

>>>p.ss on my domain/ow_updates/index.php i see that update request but in admin panel there are no notification of update platform ( it was before), maybe should i trie update it by downloading 1.7.1 pack?

Can you send a screen shot of this page?

Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14
thanks, some of plugins i have updated, some of them with still 'no files found'. Added pic of update request. 
Attachments:
  update.png (4Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
Kostia, everything is ok with your update. The screen you get under /ow_updates/index.php  is just informing you that your platform is up to date and that everything is ok. You don't need to do download 1.7.1 update pack =)
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
Regarding some plugins you are facing issues with. I recommend waiting until tomorrow and updating them at a later stage. May be developers are uploading update packs to Store now, so just wait until things get settled down tomorrow.
Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14

Quote from Aliia Kostia, everything is ok with your update. The screen you get under /ow_updates/index.php  is just informing you that your platform is up to date and that everything is ok. You don't need to do download 1.7.1 update pack =)
understood, asking because before it was changed in to 'update complete' ( then i got errors, i upload backup) and now i see just 'update request' 
Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14

Quote from Aliia Regarding some plugins you are facing issues with. I recommend waiting until tomorrow and updating them at a later stage. May be developers are uploading update packs to Store now, so just wait until things get settled down tomorrow.
just couple of them left to update
TimoViBritannia
TimoViBritannia Aug 26 '14
hello, how can i uninstall a plugin without activating it?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '14
Impossible. You should activate it first.

Of course you can manually delete it. But this might cause a lot of troubles and you will have to manually clean all database tables.
TimoViBritannia
I get this error:
Type: Exception Message: Class SEARCH_CMP_IndexWidgetd does not exist File: /var/www/anime/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php Line: 207 Trace: #0 /var/www/anime/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(207): ReflectionClass->__construct('SEARCH_CMP_Inde...') #1 /var/www/anime/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(92): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->checkComponent('SEARCH_CMP_Inde...') #2 /var/www/anime/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_entity_panel.php(200): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->setContentComponentClass('SEARCH_CMP_Inde...') #3 /var/www/anime/ow_smarty/template_c/3a7b00545c7c40bd3359b26e3804123606522596.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(118): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropEntityPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /var/www/anime/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_53fc8bc4136e01_83681212(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #5 /var/www/anime/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/var/www/anime/...') #6 /var/www/anime/ow_core/renderable.php(263): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/var/www/anime/...') #7 /var/www/anime/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #8 /var/www/anime/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(156): OW_Component->render() #9 /var/www/anime/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(182): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->action('dashboard', 1, false, Array, 'drag_and_drop_e...') #10 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->dashboard(Array) #11 /var/www/anime/ow_core/request_handler.php(263): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /var/www/anime/ow_core/application.php(327): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #13 /var/www/anime/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest() #14 {main}
TimoViBritannia
Its deactivated, I still get an error from the plugin when i try to open a page, so how can i uninstall it manually? from the database
TimoViBritannia
and when i activate the plugin Iam unable to open the admin panel because i get a error
robi782
robi782 Aug 26 '14
Nice the plugin updates and 1.7.1 crashed my complete site ...

contact us crash it
and
event crash it

can i uninstall the update from the backup or become an downgrade?
The Forum post is edited by robi782 Aug 26 '14
Kostia
Kostia Aug 26 '14

Aliia2 hours ago

If you are able to open your admin panel via www.sitename.com/admin URL, then open it and deactivate the plugin. 

If you don't have access to your admin panel then open your database>> find "ow_base_plugin" table >> find Credits History plugin within the table >> edit >> set "isActive" value to "0". 

The Forum post is edited by Aliia 2 hours ago

---------------------------

step by step and you fix it. ( of course at first set 'true' to debug mode, to know which one plugin couse the errors) now i have 4-5 plugins which is not updated to 1.7.1 so i just turned them off and website works fine. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »