We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upgrading Issues with Plugins | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 29 '14
Hi Oxwall,

I have an issue with our Admin Panel as site owners, we are told we must disable all plugins before with upgrade....but the issue is some of us have +/- 50 plugins installed on our sites, and to disable one by one it is time consuming.

Can you make this possible on the next update that we have an option to "Disable all" & "Enable All" plugins feature so that we can do that easier when ever we upgrade please ?
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 30 '14
yeah.. seems good idea..
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 30 '14
and the update should not be alowed to run unless all plugin are uninstalled and default them selected 

and the plugins on deactivate them should remember where they are placed and setup as have to do over and over is so dam painfull

i have suggested this and more in uservoice and sent emails to moderator and in 8 months never received an answer
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 30 '14

Quote from The E Club +1, also for updating plugins. Updating them one-by-one is quite tedious.
they have to be one by one so any error can be addressed 
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 30 '14
On the last minor upgrade I did not disable the plugins but there is no way to upgrade them other than one at a time.

It seems that the Oxwall team has really hit one out of the park with this 1.7,  It is reassuring and encouraging to see the great job that they have done.

Steve

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 31 '14
if u upgreade to 1.7.1 revert all mail sending files back to 1.7 or you will get ur site on every spam list and ur ip address blocked
dave Leader
dave Aug 31 '14
Your welcome, i guess that was good timing on my part, i didnt even see this post or i would have posted here.  I just went thru the update myself and thought i would share that.  :)
The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 31 '14
ross Team
ross Aug 31 '14
Guys, please make a suggestion on uservoice.