We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.7.1 Error - Advertisement | Forum

Harry
Harry Sep 5 '14
Updated to 1.7.1 and then updated the plugin, receiving this error:

Argument 1 passed to GROUPS_CLASS_EventHandler::onAdsCollectEnabledPlugins() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/ow_plugins/groups/classes/event_handler.phpLine:539

Disabled the groups plugin and then the ad plugin conflicted with another plugin and so forth, etc.

The Forum post is edited by Harry Sep 5 '14
Harry
Harry Sep 5 '14
Uninstalled, deleted and then reinstalled the plugin and had the same error.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 8 '14
Have you updated those plugins? Groups and other?
Harry
Harry Sep 9 '14
Yes every plugin and core has been updated.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 15 '14
Harold, has your problem been resolved or not? if not, please PM me your admin and FTP access details.
Steve
Steve Sep 16 '14

Quote from Harold Byweather Uninstalled, deleted and then reinstalled the plugin and had the same error.

me too - 

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

:(

Harry
Harry Sep 16 '14
My issue has not been resolved, no.  But I've decided to skip using the plugin since it only allows one ad at a time.
Guido
Guido Sep 18 '14
I have the same problem. Erreur 500! when I trie to configure the position. When I click on the tab which gives me access for to the position section: Erreur500 and the site is down.
I have to delete the plugin for everything worms fine.

Thanks fore answer
Kelvin
Kelvin Sep 18 '14
Error details:Type:ErrorMessage:Argument 1 passed to ivideo_ads_enabled() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/ow_plugins/ivideo/init.phpLine:159
dave Leader
dave Sep 23 '14
I have a very similar issue where the advertisement plugin causes a page not found when i go from admin to base.  So i must leave the advertisement disabled in order for the site to run. 
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 23 '14
Kelvin, you error is related to the ivideo plugin, contact plugin developer to resolve your issue.

Guido, Dave, can some of you please PM me your admin and FTP details for the website? we'll take a look at the issue. As we cannot reproduce that on demo or our test websites.
dave Leader
dave Sep 24 '14
I spoke with Puru the dev for ivideo, he said the issue is fixed and the new version is in the store.  So i will try it and let you know asap.  
dave Leader
dave Sep 24 '14
i replaced the init for ivideo and same, so i let puru know about it.  I will keep you informed if i hear anything.  The issue with mine is that with advertisement activated all the pages work fine once your signed in.  But if you try to access the site that is when you get the 

Error details:Type:ErrorMessage:Argument 1 passed to ivideo_ads_enabled() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/ow_plugins/ivideo/init.phpLine:159

dave Leader
dave Sep 25 '14
here ya go folks...   in ivideo ini.php  on that line 159 you will see this code. .

function ivideo_ads_enabled(BASE_EventCollector $event) {

$event->add('ivideo');

}

Change it to BASE_CLASS_EventCollector

like this 

function ivideo_ads_enabled(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector $event) {

$event->add('ivideo');

}

that should do it, dont give me credit.. everyone send a nice message to puru the dev of ivideo for providing the fix...  

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 25 '14
Kelvin
Kelvin Sep 25 '14
dave Thanks so much !!! Now Advertisement plugin works !!!
You do not have permission to reply this topic