We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Themes - Admin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Joe
Joe Nov 26 '11
I may be over my head on this one but,

If I create / modify a theme and use a logo image instead of a title line. How do I get an "Upload Logo Image" field on the >admin >edit theme page?

I can't figure out where >admin >edit theme gets its options from.

Thanks
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Nov 26 '11
Unfortunately as far as i know, You can only get Images Instead of Text only on the Themes where the Title is actually an image.

Sorry.
Joe
Joe Nov 26 '11
Hi Owen, Thanks.
I did a modified Aerial theme called areialredux, replacing the headline text with a logo image.
I noticed that shimray also did the same thing called aerialplusplus.
I see there is an upload field for the logo image on that themes admin panel  (screenshot).
I'm just wondering where that option on admin comes from.
Attachments:
  ScreenShot001.jpg (141.54Kb)
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Nov 26 '11
Not Quite sure, I would image its a File in the Theme.
shimray
shimray Nov 28 '11
hello!!! Yeah that can e done. I think tat is in master pages. You have to edit the index and the general....forgot which lines exactly!
Joe
Joe Dec 8 '11
I'll try to re-phrase the question:

1) Where does >Admin >Edit theme get those options from?

Example:
- I create a theme based on the Club theme.
- The original Club theme uses a site title \ tagline.
- I edit the css and general.html/dndindex.html to replace the title with a logo image.

2) How do I add an 'Upload Logo' field to >Admin >Edit Theme if it's not already there in the original theme?

I can't figure out... Where does >Admin >Edit theme get those options from for each theme?

Joe
Joe Dec 19 '11
Can any theme developer help?
Where does >Admin >Appearance >Edit theme get those options from for each theme?
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Dec 21 '11
admin/theme/settings