We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Contact Us Has Stopped Working | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michael
Michael Nov 29 '14
The contact us feature has stopped working since upgrading to 1.7.2. Our SMTP settings are correct and pass the built in test function.

This plugin was working prior to upgrading
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 30 '14
Can you provide url of your site?
Michael
Michael Nov 30 '14
Sure, its kikcommunity.com
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Nov 30 '14
Hello Micheal,

I visited your site and tried out the conatact page, Everything is working fine.

ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
Michael we have just tested it and we received the e-mail. 

Please check whether your cron jobs are properly configured as well as SMTP

Hart
Hart Dec 18 '14
I am having the same problem. Everything worked fine before but now all of a sudden it has stopped working. My cron job is the same as its always been when it worked before. When testing I get an error (mail not delivered) from yahoo.
Hart
Hart Dec 18 '14
OK, I have figured out that user email addresses with yahoo won't get through, but I tested it with an email address from Mail.com and it gets through! So its it must be an issue with yahoo, so that makes me wonder how many messages have I not been getting with users that use yahoo for their email address?
ross Team
ross Dec 18 '14
Hart, I'm sorry but we just tested it with yahoo and everything works as it should be. 

Where do you get the error 'mail not delivered' ? 

Hart
Hart Dec 19 '14
The contact us form looks like it works it even gives a message at the end that says "Your message has been sent. Editor will reply shortly. Thank you." but I don't receive the message at the email address I provided when I set up the "Contact Us" form plugin.

I got that error at my yahoo account, it was in my inbox. I only got that message once out of many attempts at testing the "Contact Us" plugin. My cron job is the same as its always been and the only changes is the recent platform update to version 1.7.2.
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '14
Hart, send a message via contact us plugin

before that open your database in phpmyadmin

ow_base_mail table see if the mail goes away from that table. Seems like your cron is not working. 

You can also check ow_cron/cron_error_log file if there's one, probably something is there too.