We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

TinyChat Moderator Status - Tiny Chat | Forum

John
John Jan 9 '12
Do we have a way yet to be able to Moderate TinyChat from with our installations?

I notice in the page source, that is says Owner=none, can that be changed to my name to make me moderator?

<scripttype="text/javascript"> var tinychat = {"room":"83c95bf94ee29f886743b26330bef0e","join":"auto","change":"none","api":"none","owner":"none","topic":"TinyChat","nick":"John","

ALSO, which file on the site has to be edited to make changes to the above? 

The Forum post is edited by John Jan 9 '12
Den Team
Den Jan 10 '12
Topic was moved from Plugins.
John
John Mar 5 '12
Still no response on this????
Andreas
Andreas May 25 '12
Anyone a fix for that?....the first who sighn in to Tiny chat has a moderator role.
That;s a security issue.
Edy
Edy Jul 14 '12
I guess  we will never get a solution for this ..
Nathan Hilton
Nathan Hilton Jul 23 '12

To edit the source code you should go to:

[oxwall directory] > ow_plugins > tinychat > controllers > page.php

There you can edit that code.

Austeyr
Austeyr Nov 30 '13
There is a way to tweak this after a little playing around lol.

Join tinychat with your facebook profile, 

once joined get your profiles name, 

will be the words after tinychat.com/yourprofile 

now go to [oxwall directory] > ow_plugins > tinychat > controllers > page.php

Find :

$params = array('room' => md5(OW_URL_HOME), 'join' => 'auto',  'change' => 'none', 'api' => 'none',  'owner' => 'none', 'topic' => 'TinyChat');

Change :  md5(OW_URL_HOME) to your profile name :

$params = array('room' => yourprofile, 'join' => 'auto',  'change' => 'none', 'api' => 'none',  'owner' => 'none', 'topic' => 'TinyChat');

Now if you log into your website with facebook you will be admin in the chat - no one else will get moderator options in chat when you do this - when your site members join the chat it will turn there guest name to there profile name aswell like normal.

What a pain in the butt tho - not to bad if you don't mind running 2 admin accounts on your site ( i have not tried syncing up the facebook account with my existing admin account cause i already joined my site with it and had 2 accounts so you might be able to get away with having 1 account and it still working), but an option for those out there that want video chat with mod options only for site admin.

The Forum post is edited by Austeyr Nov 30 '13
ed claassen
ed claassen Feb 17 '14

you only change the room name and it will ask a password.

Olivia
Olivia Jun 30 '15
This is really a shame that we can not configure admin or moderators on this Tinychat plugin. The first user logged in is the admin by defaut, so he controls the room and can ban who he wants, and it is a severe security issue. Anybody has an idea how to modify the source code in order to prevent fraudulent admins ? Thx.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 2 '15
Olivia, all we have in this plugin is an iframe, the functionality comes from here: https://tinychat.com/
Emil
Emil Jan 16 '16

Quote from Austeyr There is a way to tweak this after a little playing around lol.

$params = array('room' => yourprofile, 'join' => 'auto',  'change' => 'none', 'api' => 'none',  'owner' => 'none', 'topic' => 'TinyChat');

Hello, if I do that will my members be signed in with their site usernames in chat like it is now or they have to register on TinyChat too?

You do not have permission to reply this topic