We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anyone else noticing poor performance or errors after upgrading to 1.7.2 ? | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '15
@ Bobbi, The debug isn't on nor is the dev mode......!!!
bobbi
bobbi Jan 30 '15
ok i left mine on once and it slowed everything down, have you tried deactivating the message plug in, or turning off chat or both to see if it quickens things up
bobbi
bobbi Jan 30 '15
i just tried to sign in to your site and got this as it timed out Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_plugins/oaboost/bol/cache_service.php on line 227
Dominick
Dominick Jan 30 '15
Webster, what is your site URL? 

I fixed everything on my site but, it is responding so slow now that it's upgraded to 1.7.2. 

I'm going to test a new hosting company next but I'm feeling it's the 1.7.2.

The Forum post is edited by Dominick Jan 30 '15
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 31 '15
@ Dominick, Its https://www.myvirgo.info
@ Bobbi....I spoke to the dev. guy about this plugin he said he will look into it because his plugin is a Speed Optomizer i bought it think it would cache and boost my site.
ross Team
ross Feb 2 '15
Webster, with the amount of users you have, with such amount of daily visitors and the set of plugins you use on your server, you need to upgrade to Dedicated server. As 1.7.2 version has 3 heavy plugins: newsfeed, photo and mailbox. 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 2 '15
Hi Ross,

Im on Dedicated server :

Im on Cloud my hosting is  :

• 2x 3.0GHz CPU
  • 2GB DDR3 RAM
  • 60GB Disk Space
  • 5TB Bandwidth

ross Team
ross Feb 4 '15
In this case you will need more powerful dedicated server. 
Christer
Christer Feb 20 '15

Ross I today moved to a dedicated server. E3-1270v2,16 GB RAM,  2x 1TB HDD,
1Gigabit Uplink 20TB Monthly Bandwidth,
I have one site with 3500 profiles, hardly traffic, like 5-10 inside in 1 day and they do not use the chat most of them as its paid and still very slow. If I delete message plug then its very fast. Every time I click on message just to open it and testing  it is slow, better then before but this is not correct. What can I do? Is there some fix coming soon as many have this issue?
I soon give up.No one can run a business with this speed on message functions.Customer will leave.Any advice??

Adding that I NOT using chat but only message function.

The Forum post is edited by Christer Feb 21 '15
ross Team
ross Feb 24 '15
What is the version of your mailbox plugin?
Christer
Christer Feb 24 '15
latest 8524
The Forum post is edited by Christer Feb 24 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 24 '15
if chat was made sticku and did not load every page view like facebook and other sites would help the page load times by lots 
Christer
Christer Feb 24 '15
Tammy I m not good at this tech stuff but I have chat disabled but is it still loading all user every time I click around inside. Well I think so as only reason for it to be slow.So if we some how removed the chat part in codes/files it will be ok? And I dont mean me haha but if I know the issue I will get some one to fix it as not looks like any fix coming.If this is the only issue.
The Forum post is edited by Christer Feb 24 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 24 '15
in one way this problem has been good for me as it has made me work on my sever and screw as much speed out of it as i can 

i have got my load times to almost acceptable 
i have tryed just abut everything
memcashe memcashed xcashe acp cahse varnich pagspeed and more

the biggest speed gains are optimizing the database cashe as its the datbase calls thats the problem 
buy setting sql cashe in my.cnf
and use ./mysqltuner.pl in terminal to turn the sql 

Christer
Christer Feb 24 '15
Ok I will get my friend to have a look on this things,I attach one thing he found,not sure what it means but he say not good.Thanks Tammy
Attachments:
  js.JPG (85Kb)
ox-fr.org
ox-fr.org Mar 6 '15

Don't Forget to use Cloudflare. It's optimized for Oxwall and really a good support for any web server.

I have only 300 members in http://ox-fr.org in shared hosting plan with mailbox activated, and it's fine for now.

Best regards.
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 6 '15
cloudflare actually slows the load times by heaps
may help on shared hosting but 
Kelvin
Kelvin Mar 6 '15
Yes not for VPS
Wilson
Wilson Mar 6 '15
hey webmaster,

Do a test. turn OFF the chat but leave the mail on in the "MAIL" plugin settings and see if that makes a difference?

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Mar 6 '15
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
Christer, we've been reported about the high CPU and slow loading of the website due to the mailbox plugin, we already did the necessary optimization of the plugin. 

You can read my reply here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29251?page=1#post-125577

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21383?page=1#post-99481 they are related to the issues you have now. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 »