We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Will you be adding more buttons and there is a language problem. - Social media sharing | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 31 '15
For some reason on my site beside my buttons it says socialshare+share(then the buttons) not sure why I tried changing it via code and language and couldn't solve the problem.

As for buttons I saw in the code there were only 4 button codes done I was wondering if you would be planning on adding more buttons and at the very least adding the orange + button that lets users pick any share network they want.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 3 '15
Try to reinstall the plugin to get the value for this key: socialshare+share

As to the more buttons, for now there's no plans to do that.
Kenneth
Kenneth Feb 5 '15

Quote from Oxwall Software Try to reinstall the plugin to get the value for this key: socialshare+share

As to the more buttons, for now there's no plans to do that.

That is a shame I think the orange + would be the best button to add due to it opening the ability to use your preferred social networks and any you might not have thought of. Uninstalling and Reinstalling did not help.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 5 '15
Check if there's a value for this key in the Languages section at all.
Zenon Ziebiewicz
Zenon Ziebiewicz Jul 27 '15

hi,

i've made fresh installation of social media sharing plugin on Oxwall 1.7.5

everyting works besides language keys,

there are no language keys neither in admin panel nor in database,

i ve searched in table oxwa_base_language_key for the socialsharing_default_image key

(it should be unique) - other database insertions during installation seems to be ok

(for example in oxwa_base_plugin table there is record with 'socialsharing' in module column)

i ve made reinstallation and the problem exists,

any sugestions?

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 28 '15
Does the plugin folder contain langs.zip file?
Can you please go to the Languages section, choose social media share in the drop down menu and do the search by some keyword, for example, "social"? Then make the screenshot of the search results.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Jul 28 '15
Zenon Ziebiewicz
Zenon Ziebiewicz Jul 29 '15
hi, thx for fast reply:

1.) in folder /ow_plugins/socialsharing there is langs.zip (after dowloading it containst proper keys)

2.) In Language section there is no "social media share" or other "social" string starting section (see screenshot)

3.) with search result in all sections there are no results connected with social media share plugin (see screenshot)

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 11 '15
Zenon, could you please try to do the following:

- Uninstall the Social Media Sharing plugin;
- Completely delete it from the Available plugins section;
- Download the plugin from the Store: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/805;
- Upload it via Admin Area > Add new section;
- Go to ow_plugins/ folder through FTP and check whether the permissions for ow_plugins/socialsharing/ folder are 755.
- Go back to the Admin Area and install this plugin.
- Check if the Social Media Sharing section appeared in the language section.

Also, please check if there are any errors in the ow_log/error.log file.

If this does not help, we need to check into this issue by ourselves. So, if you do not mind - please provide us with your cPanel and admin access details.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Aug 11 '15
Zenon Ziebiewicz
Zenon Ziebiewicz Aug 16 '15

Quote from Oxwall Software Zenon, please try this solution: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/39692?page=1#post-157089
it works, thx :)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 17 '15
Great, thanks for letting us know.
You do not have permission to reply this topic