We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Yay I lost all my old info and now can't get this to install | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
If that is correct let me get ross to assist as i am not a htaccess guru...  one min  please
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
No that page will be staying, that's the homepage with redirects so I need to know what I need to add to it but yes I am trying to install it :)
The Forum post is edited by Alan May 6 '16
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
well i am not that versed in htaccess and ross just left, this is their weekend and he will be back on sunday, i will try to help and see what i can do, but no promises :)
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
Might i suggest you do this instead.  install oxwall as the main page, get it installed and dont do all the page directs until after you get it installed and running. I think you might be putting the cart before the horse if you know what i mean. 
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
It's not overly important, I just decided to try to install it again :) I think it's an issue related to iis 7.5 but trying to find the fix for it is ridiculous. Anyway what is it I need to add to my webpage and where can I find it please?
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
Okay am trying it now
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
If that is not the main page of oxwall then dont worry about it.  If you have not removed anything then dont worry about it, it will show up on the oxwall pages when you get it going. You dont have to have it on a custom home page, just on our pages.  So you should be good. Just remind people you have a custom home page wrapped around oxwall when you ask for help :) 
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
Still the same, error 404
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
did you try using the standard htaccess that came with oxwall and not a custom one.
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
Also when you go thru the install does it tell you that everyone is OK or does it give you a 404 during the install, and which part of the install, end, beginning?
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
Standard htaccess and it happens at the beginning I don't even get an install page >.<
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
ok go to the config.php file in the includes folder and set debug to true then try it..  Before you do, make sure there are no error log files in the root (the system will create them) and check to be sure that inside the ow_log folder that the error logs are empty, if not then edit them and clear them out. 

I want all errors to be brand new.   Then try it and tell me what error you get 

Alan
Alan May 6 '16
ow_log folder is empty with only htaccess?
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
ok did you get anything from debug mode, on the screen or anything 
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
No just the 404 error 
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
and there is no error_log file created by the system in the root or anything?
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
also check your error reports on the panel you use, see if it shows anything in there, i use cpanel i dont know what you use 
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
Not sure what cpanel is, I'm checking some microsoft iis sites being as it's a somewhat common problem
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
I know nothing about windows hosting, i tried to learn when i had my hosting company so i could offer it, i gave up in short order and just offered apache linux lol  windows hosting is way too complicated. 
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
Lol it was simple until I had a stroke now my brain is just like mash lol. I will continue to search I really don't think it's an issue with oxwall but rather iis it's a nuisance 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »