We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installation problem | Forum

Jam
Jam Mar 10 '15
I want to run oxwall on my new site but unfortunately it wasn't work I don't know why I followed your steps on installation but when I type www.mysitename.com/install it displays This webpage is not available

The server at www.mysitename.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
Make sure, your DNS are propagated. 

Make sure you server meets our requirements: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

mod_rewrite in particular, make sure .htacces file is in the root of the software. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 10 '15
go to your damain name provider and make shore your name servers is set right
if is wrong u have wait 6 to 12 hours  for it to start working 
Jam
Jam Mar 10 '15
is it the .hacces 644?

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '15
Yes, all files should be 644 and folders 755 except for these: ow_pluginfiles

ow_userfiles,

ow_static,

ow_smarty/template_c

they should be 777 recursively. 

Do you have htaccess file in the root of the software? Have you resolved your issue?

Jam
Jam Mar 11 '15
thanks a lot ross
ross Team
ross Mar 11 '15
Jam, is your issue resolved or not?
Jam
Jam Mar 12 '15
Yope but I have encountered another problem 

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /install/installation on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

that's the message appeared

ross Team
ross Mar 12 '15
Please do the search before posting anything on the forum, this topic has already been discussed a lot of times: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/section/2/search?&q=Forbidden%20You%20don't%20have%20permission%20to%20access
Jam
Jam Mar 13 '15
sory but when i put that on search bar no result 

Jam
Jam Mar 13 '15
ross your link was no connection with the problem i've encountered- I'm on installation process and encountered that forbidden problem. 

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /install/installation on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

but your links talks on Video error

can you help me install oxwall on my site?.

ross Team
ross Mar 13 '15
Jam, the link was correct. It is a generic issue, in the certain cases it influences some parts of the software. In you case it's on the installation step. You have mod_rewrite installed on your server, which is why you need to contact your hosting provider and request to disable it. 
Jam
Jam Mar 13 '15
where i can get that mod_rewrite?
ross Team
ross Mar 13 '15
What do you mean? You need to disable it, contact your hosting provider to assist you with that. 
Jam
Jam Mar 13 '15
yope they trying to solve but still until now they were not able to solve the problem-- 

and I've receive a cron job report in my email 

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /usr/bin/wget: Permission denied

ross Team
ross Mar 13 '15
In this case you will need to contact your hosting provider as well to find out the right command to use in order to configure your cron jobs properly. 
Jam
Jam Mar 13 '15
you mean the reason why i can't install because of my cron?.
ross Team
ross Mar 13 '15
no, it has nothing to do with the cron Jam, the issue with the installation is related to the mod_security module enabled on your server. You need to disable it first, then configure cron jobs and proceed with the installation steps. 
toto
toto Oct 27 '22
My only elder sister is having a hard time these days, so she recommended an article about 먹튀사이트 . It makes me feel happy, and so thankful.