We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron causes 500 error but the whole network works perfectly | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 3 '15

Cron causes 500 error but the whole network works perfectly

With Cron Test I see that it triggers right every 5 minutes. but does not execute the tasks

Adjusting DEBUG_MODE to True does not provide additional information

If I run several times in succession misite.com/ow_cron/run.php it only fails the first time and since the second run it works perfectly.

How can I see where the error comes from?

ross Team
ross Apr 3 '15
What 500 error are you referring to?

500 internal server error or e500.php error ?

check the ow_cron/error_log file if there's any error or this file at all. 

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
it's e500.php. This is what I see whether DEBUG_MODE is True or False

The file ow_cron/error_log does not exist

Mario Carriere
Mario Carriere Apr 3 '15
Patricia,

Ross made an error for the log file. The logs files are located at:

public_html/your_site.com/ow_log/cron_error.log

public_html/your_site.com/ow_log/error.log

you might also find an "error_log.log" in "public_html/your_site.com/"

Mario
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

Thanks, Mario Carriere!

I found the file !!! It contains 80,000 lines identical to this one:

[Fri Apr 3 21:14:22 2015] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: Invalid argument `$email` File: /var/www/vhosts/somoscd.es/httpdocs/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/mail.php Line:67 Trace: [#0 /var/www/vhosts/somoscd.es/httpdocs/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(1304): BASE_CLASS_Mail->addRecipientEmail('jlcarras.@eresm...') | #1 /var/www/vhosts/somoscd.es/httpdocs/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(1338): BOL_UserService->sendWellcomeLetter(Object(BOL_User)) | #2 /var/www/vhosts/somoscd.es/httpdocs/ow_system_plugins/base/cron.php(59): BOL_UserService->cronSendWellcomeLetter() | #3 /var/www/vhosts/somoscd.es/httpdocs/ow_cron/run.php(128): BASE_Cron->run() | #4 {main}]

The problem is ultimately the email "jlcarras.@eresmas.com" , I exchanged emails with him from my gmail account, is checked, that's right.

It seems that Oxwal have a problem with item, the error comes from '.' '

I created an email with this feature in my domain, I have registered in my network and same thing happens.

Any idea to patch Oxwall?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

Topic solved but continues the discussion here

problem with function isEmailValid( $ value )

Please close it and mark it as solved.

ross Team
ross Apr 5 '15
jlcarras.@eresmas.com is this a valid e-mail?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 6 '15

jlcarras.@eresmas.com is 100% valid, we exchanged several emails from gmail.

Although there is no email if you register on any network Oxwall with test.@gmail.com that network is blocked to send emails.

ross Team
ross Apr 6 '15
You can't register such an e-mail account with the . on the end with the gmail, it won't let you to register such e-mail address. 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 6 '15
Well registered, not as it has done. I blocked for weeks all emails from a network of more than 3000 members. In any case "." is a character valid and that constant EMAIL_PATTERN should be revised. Unfortunately I do not know the correct syntax. 
ross Team
ross Apr 6 '15
Anyway, this is how our e-mail validator works, he does not consider e-mail with the "." at the end of the e-mail as valid, because most popular e-mail agent, like gmail, hotmail, yahoo won't let such e-mail even to register. 

As you posted this in the CUstom code modification already, probably some community member will assist you there.

MRK
MRK Dec 22 '16
Quote from ross Anyway, this is how our e-mail validator works, he does not consider e-mail with the "." at the end of the e-mail as valid, because most popular e-mail agent, like gmail, hotmail, yahoo won't let such e-mail even to register. 

As you posted this in the CUstom code modification already, probably some community member will assist you there.

Really? :)

[Thu Dec 22 8:35:02 2016] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: Invalid argument `$email` File: /var/www/***/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/mail.php Line:67 Trace: [#0 /var/www/***/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(1351): BASE_CLASS_Mail->addRecipientEmail('***.spoko.@...') | #1 /var/www/***/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(1385): BOL_UserService->sendWellcomeLetter(Object(BOL_User)) | #2 /var/www/***/ow_system_plugins/base/cron.php(84): BOL_UserService->cronSendWellcomeLetter() | #3 /var/www/***/ow_cron/run.php(128): BASE_Cron->run() | #4 {main}]

Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 22 '16
ow_utilities/validator.php

const EMAIL_PATTERN = '/^([\w\-\.\+\%]*[\w])@((?:[A-Za-z0-9\-]+\.)+[A-Za-z]{2,})$/';

This is validation used for emails in Oxwall Software. We do not plan to include any changes for this validator in near future, but feel free to modify it for your own website.