We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

google_user_17 - Google Connect (recode) | Forum

Spark
Spark May 6 '15

Quote from Kali Hi guys, you can change the behavior by going to glconnect/controllers and change the file connect.php to the one in attachment. Basically I set the username to the google username, and then perform some checks (add an id if the username exist already, replace accents and weird characters). It works for me but let me know if you have any issue :)

Your attachment doesn't exist.
Dirk
Dirk Jun 26 '15
Hi,

Is this fixed? 

Peter
Peter Oct 15 '15
This plugin works good.

1) Adjust the Oxwall settings to display the full name of members. (like on Facebook)

2) Adjust the Oxwall settings - allow members change their username in their profile. (profile url ending)

3) Google Connect generate nice full member name (display name) according to Google account.

4) After registering through Google Connect, members can change their default usernames (google_user_XYZ) in profile edit. - EASY, like on Facebook.

5) The next time the member logs in through Google Connect, his username will remain new, because plugin use email address for login proces.

It's the same as on Facebook - After registration, it generates a random username for profile URL and you can change it after.
The Forum post is edited by Peter Oct 15 '15
gami
gami Nov 19 '18
is there a solution for the problem? it annoys slowly that always GOOGLE_USER_xxxx comes with the registration. ask for a solution
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 23 '18
Hi Kali,

We can't seem to download your file, any resolution to this guys ?

Quote from Kali Hi guys, you can change the behavior by going to glconnect/controllers and change the file connect.php to the one in attachment. Basically I set the username to the google username, and then perform some checks (add an id if the username exist already, replace accents and weird characters). It works for me but let me know if you have any issue :)

Pages: « 1 2
You do not have permission to reply this topic