We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can´t show banner - Advertisement | Forum

Kim
Kim May 21 '15
Hi,

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin but it still won´t work.
Just getting "Error" after placement of the banner.

1. First I tried to make a html code with the picture and upload that.
It shows the banner in the plugin, but when I go to the placement and choose where it should be shown on the site (Global etc) it says "Error".

2. Then I tried to follow the instruction where I upload the picture by going to Settings -> Appereance -> Edit Theme -> Graphics
After this I went to the placement and choose where it should be shown on the site (Global etc) it says "Error".

Any ideas?

Thx.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 25 '15
Follow this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting to get the error.
Copy it here so we could assist you further.
Kim
Kim Jun 26 '15
I just realised that its only on Google Chrome at my Mac I have this issue.
Using Google Chrome from my Thinkpad at work - it works! And using Safari at my Mac, it works!!!??!!??
The Forum post is edited by Kim Jun 26 '15
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jun 26 '15
We updated to 1.7.4 and our ads completely disappeared with any theme we upload we have the  geolocator and its still not working
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jun 30 '15
Do you still have the banner codes? Or they disappeared as well? Have you checked your role, probably you hide the banners for your role
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 28 '15

Quote from Kim Hi,

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin but it still won´t work.
Just getting "Error" after placement of the banner.

1. First I tried to make a html code with the picture and upload that.
It shows the banner in the plugin, but when I go to the placement and choose where it should be shown on the site (Global etc) it says "Error".

2. Then I tried to follow the instruction where I upload the picture by going to Settings -> Appereance -> Edit Theme -> Graphics
After this I went to the placement and choose where it should be shown on the site (Global etc) it says "Error".

Any ideas?

Thx.

I believe this is tied to ad blocker chrome extensions, Just make sure to turn those off when adding banners in chrome.
You do not have permission to reply this topic