We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cant find theme `basic` in DB! error message | Forum

Juan
Juan Nov 19 '10
Something happend while playing with the theme on my site. Message says: Cant find theme `basic` in DB! Something must of happened and I lost the connection to the DB with the themes or something of that nature. I took a look at my DB but I wasn't sure what to look for, I'm not familiar with DB settings.

The message said:
OW Debug - ExceptionMessage: Cant find theme `basic` in DB!
File: /home/username/public_html/mydomain/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php
Line: 425
Trace: #0 /home/username/public_html/mydomain/ow_core/application.php(113): BOL_ThemeService->getThemeObjectByName('basic')
#1 /home/username/public_html/mydomain/index.php(43): OW_Application->init()
#2 {main}
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 20 '10
Attachments:
  cant-find-theme-basic-in-db.jpg (27.28Kb)
Juan
Juan Nov 19 '10
I found it in my DB under ow_base_config/ id (19), key (base) selectedTheme, value (basic). I changed the value "basic" to "macabre" This worked and I was able to call my site back up again. The reason for this error was that I must of deleted something or messed up a file while editing my "Macabre Theme". so the system generated an error mesage when it defaulted to the "Basic Theme" and it couldn't find it. If something goes wrong I think your system will default to the "Basic Theme". so make sure you have the "Basic Theme" installed.... Good thing I backed up my edited "Macabre Theme" files and settings.
The Forum post is edited by Juan Nov 21 '10
Den Team
Den Nov 22 '10
:)
How did you set this config to "basic"? Do you have "basic" theme in ow_static/themes folder?
Juan
Juan Nov 22 '10
I do now but when the error happend I didn't have the "Basic Theme" installed... I was using and editing the "Macabre Theme". then something happend while editing Macabre files and the system defaulted to Basic which was not installed at the time, that's when I got the error.
Crystal
Crystal Feb 6 '11
I have same problem is there a solution?
Den Team
Den Feb 6 '11
Try Juan's solution.
Crystal
Crystal Feb 9 '11
Mannualy added basic theme and everything now fixed.