We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall ready for PHP 7? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 5 '18
In my opinion The dating industry is dead for new people want start a dating site. and the community industry to. there is to much platofrms like oxwall that give people freedom setup sites almost same just some smaller modifications but no HUGE difference.

people are not willing pay anynore for talk with people or date people the branch is not was it was 5 or 10 years ago. to much competions and everyone try find a nich nobody open yet but there is to much niches already and there is to much community sites to much dating sites. the future look no good at all.

customers demand free memberships today. and i advertising to live on that i thin is not going make you very rich as new started website

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 5 '18
i will test some more things for before i give up ...but i analyze this community and dating branch and the future looks bad for small websites that try put up sites with free membership. what are you going to live on as a new started website with all plugins cost server cost and many other cost that you need deal with. 

i was only vring up 25% of all cost for try get succesful with a skadate datimg site.

i have tested this now in soon 4 years and i see there is to much competions and to much sites look the same only they try find some nich nobody started yet but after 6 months somebody else have copy you and suddely you will have 5 to 10 competioners with all this white labed and finish sites everyone can buy today

you want rich do not try copy others create something with not oxwall software or skdate software and the idea should bee hard to copy with all this white label software out today.

right now i deal with 10 competioners that have same goal win and get money on same nich. and the only you can do is offer free membership but in the end what will you get with this advertising you try add. i think you will have problem survive like that

and again to they who try start a dating site ...rethinking 10 times before you do that because you will only make developers here rich not you self

oxwall is only good for they who not have goal to bee very rich....maye i wrong if i wrong i would like see they who get rich on oxwall and skadate because i think it is bullshit. they who rich i belive is they who sell this software and notice this many developers here keep they own sites VERY secret but one thing for sure this developers ALL have websites put up and if you have somehting that stand out they will copy you idea quick and easy

if i was a developer i would do the same i would keep my site secret and create awsome new stuff that nobody created before and not put this things in public and fishing new ideas that you can steel from users here in public to you site

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 5 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 5 '18
yes PHP 7.2 i think should working :) i have only test PHP7 and it works on my two oxwall (skadate) sites with no issues

i would suggest you try use nginx much more faster i have test both nginx and apache and it was huge difference when it comes to speed

maybe engintron is some version of nginx

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 5 '18
Liviu-Daniel
Liviu-Daniel Jan 5 '18
We're not asking miracles from developers; they can at least make sure CORE is stable on PHP 7. I don't think that requires too much effort. A little hope for this platform would be welcome. We didn't asked for new modules, etc. Just to see that platform is up and running and up-to-date.
The Forum post is edited by Liviu-Daniel Jan 5 '18
Tecca
Tecca Jan 7 '18
Oxwall works fine on PHP7.1 for me. The only things I'm getting are:

[ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined variable: errorKey File: /var/www/example.com/public_html/ow_plugins/recaptcha/bol/service.php Line:173

[ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT File: /var/www/example.com/public_html/ow_core/request.php Line:137

Of which, Nginx gives more detail on the Recaptcha plugin:

[error] 21109#21109: *1079037 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ReCaptcha has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/example.com/public_html/ow_plugins/recaptcha/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 44" while reading response header from upstream, client: XXX.XXX.XX.XX, server: www.example.com, request: "GET /recaptcha/config HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.1-fpm.sock:", host: "www.example.com", referrer: "https://www.example.com/admin/plugins"
tracy
tracy Jan 24 '18
Php 7.2 works great with my 1.8.4 and all my plugins, but remember that if you use any facebook oauth scripts to enable oauth in your php extensions, and install your oxwall software with php 5.6 first to let it create a mysql database, then you can switch over to 7.2 verson

The Forum post is edited by tracy Jan 24 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 26 '18
oauth php extension is not a standard extension on siteground shared and cloud servers.

you need a dedicated server with root access for install oauth php extension they have told me

please explain what happens if this extension is not installed in more detail? what errors will come up?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 26 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 29 '18

Hello Tracy,

This is php extension OAUTH not need and not required for Fb connect, this is needed for Contact importer.

i was send ticket to skadate for check this up so tracy you need correct your php 7.2 instructions that this extension not needed at all if not have any contact importer installed

I not use contact importer maybe you use contact importer and need this extension but i not have any contact importer installed on my website

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 29 '18
Outperformer 3000
Outperformer 3000 Jan 29 '18

Quote from OW-Ghost i will test some more things for before i give up ...but i analyze this community and dating branch and the future looks bad for small websites that try put up sites with free membership. what are you going to live on as a new started website with all plugins cost server cost and many other cost that you need deal with. 

i was only vring up 25% of all cost for try get succesful with a skadate datimg site.

i have tested this now in soon 4 years and i see there is to much competions and to much sites look the same only they try find some nich nobody started yet but after 6 months somebody else have copy you and suddely you will have 5 to 10 competioners with all this white labed and finish sites everyone can buy today

you want rich do not try copy others create something with not oxwall software or skdate software and the idea should bee hard to copy with all this white label software out today.

right now i deal with 10 competioners that have same goal win and get money on same nich. and the only you can do is offer free membership but in the end what will you get with this advertising you try add. i think you will have problem survive like that

and again to they who try start a dating site ...rethinking 10 times before you do that because you will only make developers here rich not you self

oxwall is only good for they who not have goal to bee very rich....maye i wrong if i wrong i would like see they who get rich on oxwall and skadate because i think it is bullshit. they who rich i belive is they who sell this software and notice this many developers here keep they own sites VERY secret but one thing for sure this developers ALL have websites put up and if you have somehting that stand out they will copy you idea quick and easy

if i was a developer i would do the same i would keep my site secret and create awsome new stuff that nobody created before and not put this things in public and fishing new ideas that you can steel from users here in public to you site

Mate, you're right.

For me, the main problem is that my sites will be appear in searches. That's very hard. Everyone fight on top places in search engines. I just see a start up with an dating site, they put thousands in adwords, advertisements and so on

Future:
mobile mobile mobile and anonymous anonymous anonymous

Outperformer 3000
Outperformer 3000 Jan 29 '18

Quote from tracy Php 7.2 works great with my 1.8.4 and all my plugins, but remember that if you use any facebook oauth scripts to enable oauth in your php extensions, and install your oxwall software with php 5.6 first to let it create a mysql database, then you can switch over to 7.2 verson

I can switch to 7.2 without any problems? Have no Facebook-Plugin.
tracy
tracy Jan 29 '18
I did it but then I noticed there was a couple of little errors so I went back to 7.1
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 29 '18
i agree: future is mobile apps no doubt one second about it and yes keep low profile and problem is when you use others people software you share you ideas with 30 other developers at least.... even that you think you not share any ideas at all you do with this software....

and yes i see to you need huge money for advertising a dating site or community site .facebook and google love eating your money and quick they do if you put all in  :DDD

I search for a facebook advertsing expert but everyone say they are but only 10% are and huge problem to find this 10% and when you find this 10% realy expet on advertinsing on facebook they want you pay them huge money for help you setup succesful ad campaigns

yes can try learn you self do it but it takes alof of time like seo and manage you site and many things it ends up you sit and live in front you computer 24 hours even when you dreaming in bed you sit in front of a computer

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 29 '18
tracy
tracy Mar 16 '18
oxwall is too riddled with spam now....too many spammers
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 17 '18
I am using a php7 professional. I have some problems with PHP7. Do not confuse system checks with your version checks, which may deceive you. Php versions are offered as a continuation of the previous state and are free to read and to read new resources. The main problem with PHP7 is the responsiveness of the servers. You should analyze your server broadcast status well.
tracy
tracy Mar 25 '18
Go into your oxwall/ow_install/files/requirements.txt

change mysql from the line under #PHP extensions to mysqli

and you can install
TonyKa
TonyKa Apr 17 '20
Hi to all

any news on that?

Is now Oxwall supporting PHP7 for new installation or no?

I tried to install on php7 but i got plenty of errors & e500

In 5.6 works ok.

What is the situation today?

thanks to all

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 17 '20

OxWall works perfectly in PHP 7.0, although some plugins do not.

The OxWall installer doesn't work either, but we have it fixed.

You can download my version of OxWall 1.84 with the fixed installer for PHP 7.0 here:

https://owspain.com/files/featured

With PHP 7.1, everything I've tried works, but I haven't kept looking at it because I don't see any advantage: it goes just as fast.

Basically, I've been adding functions to PHP with every version, but if the software doesn't use them, it doesn't matter which version it is.

Onur
Onur Apr 28 '20

Quote from Oxwall Tips people here have not updated to 5.4 yet :D  ...so talking about 7 I think is a bit early. Within latest platform update as far as I know Oxwall stopped supported anything bellow 5.4 .
:))))))))))) 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 1 '20
i very tired about this forum smart people not stop this crazy india and pakistan seo workers create backlinks on oxwall forums. 

there is a simple way to make it hard for them

i suggested only they who posted at least 10-15 post can post "links" and when you new the first days you can only post one post every 24 hours. combine that with they need bee a member for x months for posting links.

i gurantee the fun with post backlinks on this forum will stop 99,5%

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 1 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 1 '20

You're right.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »