We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestion and thank you for SongPhi - please continue with the good work | Forum

Peter
Peter Oct 14 '15
Hello SongPhi, your work is good, clean and stable. Please, can you make visual (wysiwyg) editor, based on CKEeditor http://ckeditor.com/ with long term support?  Visual editors in store are outdated, or/and they are full of errors.

I think its a very importat plugin. What do you say?
SongPhi
SongPhi Oct 14 '15
Hi Peter,

Thanks heap for appreciate my works :-) Regarding visual editor plugin, I agree it is very important, as many plugins (core + thirdparty) depend on it (Oxwall core html editor). It's important as it should be unified across a website. That makes it hard to replace it without causing troubles.

For example, in my plugin -- spvideo, I have to detect whether html editor would have been replaced by 3rdparty wysiwyg, if so then disable the blog & forum video link import accordingly. Creating another visual editor is like conflicting my own interests and making the mess messier, but that would not prevent one from trying.

I will try it out to see if I could create a better visual editor than what available on store. still, no promises ;) as I don't think I have much confidence in this. You will be notified when it's going somewhere.

Cheers,

Michele
Michele Oct 22 '15
I really liked the Tiny Mce4 editor by Love Oxwall. . .but my Main Problem is that it won't work with my Jobs Plugin. . . which I need it to.  If you were to create something compatible with all plugins I'd be interested!