We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My sincere apology for not being around for the last 4+ months | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jan 1 '16
I have not been around for the last 4+ months because my business took a turn for the worst and i had to close it down.  I also have not even had internet access since then (which i got back the other day).   It will take me a few days or so to go thru the emails here and follow up.   

Since i had to close the business i also had to close down all my websites with it which means that all my Oxwall sites and all of my support and business sites are no longer online.   This means that currently i have no way to test any issues as i dont have a hosting account  or have Oxwall installed.   From the looks of the emails i have received so far it seems they are just suggestions or feature requests or questions about the current version.   I have yet to run into any issues with my mods thus far. I dont see any reason they should not work with current versions unless Oxwall has made changes to the core. 

So try it, if it does not work let me know.   What i will have to try to do is set a quarterly time for a while and just get a host for a month fee to fix any issues then go forward.   However i dont currently plan on testing for current versions until i can get an annual host, due to my finances that will take a while. 

2015 was a bad year for many businesses i am not the only one.  There were many large well known companies that went belly up in 2015. I am just a grain of sand compared to them so im not the first and wont be the last to have this happen.   I do plan to relaunch when i can under a different structure and business model but that is a long way away.

Anyway i just wanted to let you know that i am still around and that i will be popping in when i can to help if i need to. 

Sorry for the long wait... Hope everything is working great :)

Thanks 

Dave

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 1 '16
Sorry to hear you had a bad year, but glad you are back in the game.

I encourage everyone to purchase one, or more of Dave's plugins to help him out. He has helped many of us. I personally recommend the "Deactivate All" plugin. It is very handy when doing platform updates.

Here is a link to his store items
http://www.oxwall.org/store/user-list/plugin/durangod
Rick
Rick Jan 1 '16
Iv only JUST signed up to the forums but been using Oxwall for a week now.

Its nice to see dedicated people come back to the community.

Welcome back pal :)

Tecca
Tecca Jan 1 '16
Welcome back! I think I've purchased a couple of your plugins, they work fine with 1.8.0. Hopefully more devs start popping back up too, so many great plugins that don't work anymore. Also a huge waste of money and a lot of lost Oxwall customers due to the dev money-grab situation around here.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 5 '16
Welcome back american cowboy ;-) i would like know what new strategy you will have i just curious :PPP
dave Leader
dave May 5 '16
lol thanks marcus...   well maybe ill throw a pool party :)   Thanks everyone, sorry i have not replied till now i guess i unsubscribed from this lol ooops. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 5 '16
Nuno
Nuno Oct 17 '16
Hello,
I bought the plugin Ultimate Video, and i can not configure. How do i get your help?

Best regards
Nuno Santos

dave Leader
dave Oct 17 '16
Hi,  i dont show a new purchase but thank you for that if you did so. 

You can start a topic on the plugin support section here 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1283

that would be the best way  :)   or send me a private message.

when you do, let me know what issues you are having with the configuration, also please read the readme file that comes with the plugin.  

Thanks 

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 17 '16
Fabrice
Fabrice Sep 24 '17
Hi, sorry for my bad english, i have istalled uvideo on my oxwall 1.8.4, how i can istall ffmpeg for upload all formats?

Thank you 

dave Leader
dave Sep 24 '17
Hi,   it is ok.....   for FFMPEG look at the support section for the plugin, there is a topic on how to install 

Here is the link just in case https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/50290