We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Purchased plugins update Lizenz | Forum

Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 18 '16
So the plug in will run on the main site while testing is happening with the plug in on the test site? 
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
No, one plugin instance per domain. 
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 18 '16
You're making it impossible for us to have a test site, if that's the case then we would have to stop all the plug ins on the main site to test them on the test site, what's the point of having a test site if you have to do that.. and you have to do it all manually.. 
How is this making anything any easier for anyone running oxwall. 
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Ga, as to your issue and errors you provided. Your server is misconfigured. Open_basedir forbids access to the files

-storages  of the certificates and our software cannot securely connect to the update server. You need to contact your hosting provider to resolve it. 

ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
I already explained how you should proceed, either obtain 2 instances of the plugin or reset ip of the domain where plugin is used. 
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
it is full sh...no I have to stop my two sites :(
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
You're not allowed to use one instance of the plugin on more than one domain. This is a fraud. Why are you complaining, Defender?
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
it is too expensive for me, it is better to buy another platform for my other two sites. 

going to leave only one oxwall powered site . LOL

DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
and if my server ip is dinamic non static ???
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
there's no such thing as dynamic ip for web servers. 
gami
gami Jan 18 '16
Quote from ross Ga, have you done the manual update by downloading new update pack?
hi ross

yes it works

Thanks

ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Great, thanks for letting us know 
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
it means that whose who are running ten oxwall scripts on one IP, needs only one plugin and whose who are running from different IP have two buy more same plugins. is it true?
ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16

Quote from ross there's no such thing as dynamic ip for web servers. 

Yes there is.. if you use a dynamic DNS provider like dyn.org.

+1 defender, I also really like to know.
The Forum post is edited by ketkew Jan 18 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
do you understand the difference between dns and ip of the web server?
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16

Quote from DeFender it means that whose who are running ten oxwall scripts on one IP, needs only one plugin and whose who are running from different IP have two buy more same plugins. is it true?
yes, you're correct
ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16

Quote from ross do you understand the difference between dns and ip of the web server?

Do you understand what a dynamic DNS provider is?
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Probably I should rephrase one thing, one plugin per one ip of your web server not one plugin per  domain name
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 18 '16
ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16
So if I own a domain ketkew.dyn.org which is connected to ip 1.1.1.1 it works.

Now my dynamic ip changes into 2.2.2.2 under the same ketkew.dyn.org domain.. and the plugin doesn't work anymore..
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
I don't know where you saw a hosting provider which gives web server with dynamic IP, but yes, in this case you will have to reset you IP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »