We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Purchased plugins update Lizenz | Forum

ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16
And what is also said earlier.. no testing environment is possible anymore.
When I have plugin on a production site I first want to test the plugin on my test site.

I cannot change all ip's from my production site to the test site because the production site is not available for my users (which is not an option). And I don't gonna update a plugin on try on error... so what options do we have here, instead of buying plugins twice?
ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16

Quote from ross I don't know where you saw a hosting provider which gives web server with dynamic IP, but yes, in this case you will have to reset you IP

You can find tons of such providers here 
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
again this is dynamic ip of the DNS providers not webservers

as to the testing environment either obtain 2 instances of the plugin or reset ip of the domain where plugin is used. 

ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16

Quote from ross again this is dynamic ip of the DNS providers not webservers

as to the testing environment either obtain 2 instances of the plugin or reset ip of the domain where plugin is used. 

No, this is the dynamic ip from a webserver which is connected to the DNS provider, which is different.

So I have to buy 2 skalfa credits plugins which will cost me 200 dollars. I'm sorry but if this is really true than i'm also out, because this can't be real.

Why not accepting max 2 ip's per plugin???
The Forum post is edited by ketkew Jan 18 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Because this way you can easily use one plugin on two websites and this is a fraud
ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16

Quote from ross Because this way you can easily use one plugin on two websites and this is a fraud

Then change your policy to use the plugins on max 2 domains instead of one. The main fraud will be users which heavy use the plugins on more then 2 websites (like professional webdesigners) ?

Dont understand me wrong, I really want to pay twice for a plugin if I host 2 websites on 2 domains, but for testing purposes only this isn't acceptable
The Forum post is edited by ketkew Jan 18 '16
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
ketkew you can change your hosting to/with directAdmin, that alows to create different domains with same IP.
The Forum post is edited by DeFender Jan 18 '16
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
or update all plugins and reset all IP's in your purschase :D LOL
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
bad times are coming :(

ketkew
ketkew Jan 18 '16

Quote from DeFender ketkew you can change your hosting to/with directAdmin, that alows to create different domains with same IP.

I know how to manage virtual hosts on the same machine, but I don't want that because a test environment shouldn't be on the same server as the live website, especially not if that server is heavy loaded with traffic.
DeFender
DeFender Jan 18 '16
when I was buying the plugins, it was not said one plugin - one domain. now we are cheat. Im very very very angry. 

sorry for my bad english :D

Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 18 '16
Quote from ketkew
Quote from ross Because this way you can easily use one plugin on two websites and this is a fraud

Then change your policy to use the plugins on max 2 domains instead of one. The main fraud will be users which heavy use the plugins on more then 2 websites (like professional webdesigners) ?

Dont understand me wrong, I really want to pay twice for a plugin if I host 2 websites on 2 domains, but for testing purposes only this isn't acceptable
Exactly. 

+1
Tecca
Tecca Jan 18 '16
Yes, most software out there allows two instances — one for testing and one for the live website. It seems they have stood their ground with this strange decision, so the best advice I can offer is to say "edit what's necessary to set up your test installation."

None of us are doing this out of malice, we need a test installation that's hidden from the public. No successful website does not have test installs. Many have multiple.

If you force your customers to get around things, they will. No fraud involved, we're not deploying two instances, we simply need to test the plugins without bringing down the live website for literally a full day just to test them all. That's ridiculous.

I try to keep my keyboard inactive when it comes to opinion, but this is a decision that's going too far to alienate customers. 50+ plugins, I would have to enter my key and reset the IP several times, all while my main source of income has to be taken down because you don't allow test installs? No thank you. This is open source software, we'll find our way.
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
for the testing environment either obtain 2 instances of the plugin or use reset ip of the domain where plugin is used
IntrigU
IntrigU Jan 19 '16

Quote from Bryan Yes, most software out there allows two instances — one for testing and one for the live website. It seems they have stood their ground with this strange decision, so the best advice I can offer is to say "edit what's necessary to set up your test installation."

None of us are doing this out of malice, we need a test installation that's hidden from the public. No successful website does not have test installs. Many have multiple.

If you force your customers to get around things, they will. No fraud involved, we're not deploying two instances, we simply need to test the plugins without bringing down the live website for literally a full day just to test them all. That's ridiculous.

I try to keep my keyboard inactive when it comes to opinion, but this is a decision that's going too far to alienate customers. 50+ plugins, I would have to enter my key and reset the IP several times, all while my main source of income has to be taken down because you don't allow test installs? No thank you. This is open source software, we'll find our way.
+1 Bryan
DeFender
DeFender Jan 19 '16
one question more

is it possible, that some paid plugins goes to one IP, and other  - to another IP ? :)

UTAN
UTAN Jan 19 '16
@ross, how do u change the ip in the store?.

I have my test bed and Vmare copy of my VPS OS server and I do all testing at my computer with my static ip...

I have a warning saying that my plug-in or theme key is invalid,  now that we have this extra step I need to learn this..

And +1 police,  should allow 2 intances one for testing and one for live sites.. else it will do more damage to Oxwall than helping , because if less people try and play with u guys will sell less plugins.
The Forum post is edited by UTAN Jan 19 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 19 '16
You can do that in the "My purchases" section, right under the item you purchased, there's  a button "reset"

Quote from DeFender
one question more

is it possible, that some paid plugins goes to one IP, and other  - to another IP ? :)

Yes one plugin license per IP
Christer
Christer Jan 22 '16
Tammy said it all
The Forum post is edited by Christer Jan 22 '16
Paul
Paul Jan 31 '16
Could someone please tell me where in the terms and conditions it is (or was) written that when making a purchase of a plugin or theme, it is only licensed for use on one domain (or server)?

The Oxwall platform itself does not have this limitation and if a plugin's t&c's are silent on how it can be used then it's a reasonable assumption that such plugins can be used in the same way as the software that it is plugging in to.  I have purchased all of my plugins on this basis, and for Oxwall to retrospectively impose this limitation after purchase is contractually wrong. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »