We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

big seo problems - Oxwall Art Advanced SEO | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 26 '16
and please dont ask me again to pay you to fix something that does not work

ask me to pay for extra functions no worries but do not ask me to pay you to fix something the plugin should do
Sardar
Sardar Jan 26 '16

Tammy

Let's calm down, I'm trying to help you here. I've never asked you to pay for fixes, I offered you to implement another strategy ( BTW it's a big load of work ). 

I also asked to send the list via PM. Can you please filter the list and resend me via PM only items which contain pages to index. I think no need to include plugins like creditsfriends inviter, suport, etc. I also need all that plugins source code, so please attache the plugin archives. I'll consider your list and make my best to add support of that plugins.

Thanks for your time and suggestions!

The Forum post is edited by Sardar Jan 26 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 27 '16
yes all them plugin generate pages that needs to be in the site map 

user credits generate pages like
user-credits/buy-credits

uonetts friends inviter generates pages
friends-inviter
friends-inviter?service=yahoo
and others

support 
generates heaps of pages

/support

/support/tickets/new

/support/tickets/my

and all the help and faq  pages

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 27 '16
but the problem is you will have to code your plugin for everyone's sites 
one by one go to the peoples sites that have buy the plugin and manual put in all the pages 
they have 

for all the different admin pages
all the different faq pages in support 

and every month or 2 do the rounds of all the sites again and add the extra pages that need to be added to the plugin 

or

a simple solution

site maps have a button in admin 

share hosting      or dedicated/vps  hosting
shared the plugin runs as it is  

dedicated/vps  it uses a proper full site sitemap generator
that should be run on its own cron 
as the oxwall cron is so bloated its almost does not work

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 27 '16
that list i can easy add another 50 plugin to it that need to be in the site map 
Sardar
Sardar Jan 27 '16
Yes, I understand, but currently can't offer better solution. Crawler that I implemented in initial version of plugin was too complicated and very difficult to maintain. I had tons of reports, and I wasted much time to keep it running. After multiple reports with extra resource utilization and synch problems I gave it up it and implemented simple and fast method. 

Thanks for the links! I tried several scripts 3 years ago, and they were buggy or didn't have tools to control run time. For example checkout the first one - first line is "set_time_limit(0);", which is already unacceptable ))

Anyway I'll check if there are any scripts which can be used within SEO plugin without trade-offs, but definitely not in the next update.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 27 '16
yeah cool  just as long as its in the road map to be fixed 

its not good to have a seo plugin that actually hurts your seo not helps it

i had a awesome stand alone script that done site backup db backups and site maps

but i removed it for my server when i got your plugin years ago
thinking it would do the sitemaps

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 27 '16
another thing that should be added to the road map is broken link checking 

another big seo problem that google hates 
Sardar
Sardar Jan 27 '16
OK, I'll add it to the list and probably create topic here devoted to roadmap.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 27 '16

for alt tags would be better just simple use for 
photos uploaded that have no description added to them and newsfeeds photos  and avatar thumbs
{$username}"s photo

thats what every other script including facebook does it 

the only images that need special alt tags is like
the logo and top header image thing on some themes

there alt like 
{$sitename}

background images do not need alt tags

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Jan 27 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 9 '16
photos pages latest featured and so on can not set titles and descriptions of each page on any the plugin pages 

og image takes over every page it needs to be excluded from every page that social share plugin is on 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 4 '16
sounds like he have to do a hard work to fix all this in next update. yes a better site map i hope for to that includes all my plugins and other things. now i wait for test his new update. good new is that a smiley plugin are coming that i hope not have alt tag problems
Pages: « 1 2
You do not have permission to reply this topic