We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

photos plugin | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16
Den 3 years ago when i posted on younetts scam in the store with proof of it 
and ross deleted the posts 

you official reply to me was oxwall is a public forum we do not delete posts
and to report any team member that deletes post and forum topics
and that they will face disciplinary action  
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Mar 4 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16
maybe i should change the name of this topic to
 bad coding practices, lies and deceit  
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16
and heres another lie and deceit that should be stopped 

i see so many problems posted in the forums on how desktop view does not work on mobile devices
and the reply is we do not support mobile devices on desktop view thats what mobile version is for 

now how many team members themes state they are fully responsive and work all all mobile devices and show desktop view working on mobile device images all over the theme

now thats a lie and deceitfully scamming people into buying themes   

lets get back to the consumer law on that 

a theme that says it works on all mobile devices
the theme works on free oxwall core
as the theme and core are website scripts they have to abide by internet best practices 
and both the theme and core has to work as stated in the theme descriptions 

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16
now lets get to this point
4.1.1 point of the store terms: 
http://www.oxwall.org/store/terms

4.1.1 Oxwall Foundation (as the original developer of Oxwall software and the owner of The Store) can not be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage caused by using any Goods listed in The Store.

Misleading consumers about their rights

Consumer guarantees for goods or services cannot be altered or waived by sellers or consumers. Any term in a contract which tries to limit or exclude consumers’ rights under the consumer guarantees will be void. This means that the business cannot rely on it to avoid providing consumers with a remedy. That is, contracting out of the guarantees is not permitted.

Further, if a business attempts to restrict or limit consumers’ rights under the guarantees, it is likely to also breach the provisions on misleading or deceptive conduct and false or misleading claims.

Example: A computer repairer offers a computer repair service. When customers engage with the repairer, they are required to sign a form which contains the terms and conditions that stipulate that any damage caused by the repair would not be the responsibility of the repairer. This is not allowed under the ACL.

Be very careful about what you say to consumers about their refund rights. This includes the wording of any signs, advertisements or any other documents. Signs that state ‘no refunds’ are unlawful, because they imply it is not possible for consumers to get a refund under any circumstance – even when there is a major problem with a product. For the same reason, the following signs are also unlawful:

• ‘No refund on sale items’
  • ‘Exchange or credit note only for return of sale items’.

However, signs that state ‘no refunds will be given if you have simply changed your mind’ are acceptable.

Real case study: The Federal Court ordered that a manufacturer and retailer of computer hardware pay a $3 million civil pecuniary penalty for making false or misleading representations to consumers and retailers regarding consumer guarantee rights, including that

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16

The Australian Consumer Law applies to any business providing goods or services within Australia,” explained ACCC Chairman Rod Sims. “It may be an American based company with no physical presence in Australia, but it is carrying on business in Australia by selling to Australian consumers, who are protected by the Australian Consumer Law.

“It is a breach of the Australian Consumer Law for businesses to state that they do not give refunds under any circumstances, including for gifts and during sales. Under the Australian Consumer Law, consumers can insist on a refund or replacement at their option if a product has a major fault.

“The consumer guarantees provided under the Australian Consumer Law cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.”

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16
the bottom line is you can have what ever in your terms and conditions
but you are bound by the consumer laws in the country of origin of the buyer 
and that the consumer laws overwrite your terms and conditions 

now consumer laws in Australia and the USA 
that because oxwall is selling plugins and themes that work on the core free script
both the paid themes and plugins and free core are bound by consumer laws 
consumer laws state the paid themes and plugins and free core must work as stated 
and because there website script they must follow internet best practices 
consumer laws states i have a right to ask for thing to be fixed to comply with internet best practices 

consumer laws state you have an obligation to fix them
consumer laws state if you do not fix them then i am entitled to a refund 

now theres 2 ways out of this

lets put this behind us and all work together to make oxwall better can comply with internet best practices 
lets all work together and fix the background images to be just back ground images
lets all work together and fix the background images to be proper img and alt tags
lets all work together and fix all the img tags that do not have alt tags
lets all work together and fix the form input to have labels
lets all work together and fix the problem of mobiles devices on desktop view
lets all work together and fix the problem that just about every plugin in the store does not work
lets all work together and fix the emails so there not marked as spam
lets all work together and fix the growing list of huge problems with the core 

lets all work together and fix how the forum is run and how people are answered on there questions
lets all work together and fix oxwall to work with mod security
lets all work together and fix ombedded

lets all work together and fix speed problems and stop every plugin from leading every dam thing on every page
 lets all work together and fix missing h1 tags on index page
lets all work together and fix the url rewrite problem
lets all work together and make dev get there plugins to work in oxwall different size page containers
lets all work together and make dev get there plugins to work with cloudflare 
lets all work together and fix and get oxwall to work on ssl

lets all work together and fix chat showing a loop of users over and over
lets all work together and make dev get there plugins working 

lets all work together and make dev get there plugins working on mobile view
lets all work together and make dev get there plugins to follow internets best practises  
lets all work together and fix desktop view to work on mobiles 
lets all work together and fix cron problems
lets all work together and fix profile avatars and make them viewable and a album for them
lets all work together and fix avatars to be proper images on profiles
lets all work together and fix groups main image to be proper images 
lets all work together and fix the sticky popups
lets all work together and fix duplicate content by have / and /index the same pages
lets all work together and fix chat reorders itself
lets all work together and fix chat send text message words
lets all work together and fix to 100 social share problems
lets all work together and fix oxwall is useless with 2000+ friends
lets all work together and fix no twitter cards in share plugin
lets all work together and fix blocking members not work right
lets all work together and fix bulk mail uses main site email addy
lets all work together and fix contact importer uses main site email addy
lets all work together and fix newsfeeds full of images with no alt tags
lets all work together and fix photo privacy
lets all work together and fix bulk delete messages problem
lets all work together and fix watchdog from blocking whole countries
lets all work together and fix fb join keeps download image
lets all work together and fix plugin forums better
lets all work together and fix plugin groups better
lets all work together and fix gifts to have names so the gift images on site and in mails have alt tags
lets all work together and fix the store 

lets all work together and  fix like idragonsolutions and other dev revoking licences to plugin as soon as some one posts a bad review or posts a forum topic on there plugins showing the plugins dont work  
lets all work together and stop scams like younetts 
lets all work together and stop dev from signing contracts stating they can never fix there store items 

lets all work together and the bad code dam 90% errors from powermaper is shamefulness 

or give me a refund 

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Mar 6 '16
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Mar 4 '16
+1 , lets all work together and fix the problems. All of them please.
Peter
Peter Mar 4 '16
All problems has been reported before, team knows about that. Making drama does not speed up the devs work. We should be patient, oxwall is still in development and it is a great project.
Anitaku
Anitaku Mar 4 '16

Quote from Peter All problems has been reported before, team knows about that. Making drama does not speed up the devs work. We should be patient, oxwall is still in development and it is a great project.
There would be a lot less drama if the issues were addressed when they were found.

There would also be a lot less drama if the Oxwall team would be more open minded about solving problems and learn to work with their community instead of against it. 

Without members reporting the issues and pushing them to be addressed things won't get done. And those things that are, tend to have some tunnel vision and obvious fixes before implementing new features/updates will be overlooked (hence the reason this 'drama' was started). 

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 4 '16

Quote from Peter All problems has been reported before, team knows about that. Making drama does not speed up the devs work. We should be patient, oxwall is still in development and it is a great project.
peter its people like you that are the main cause of the huge problem we are all facing now 
people just sit back and do nothing 
375 people have viewed this thread now and how many have commented about it 
anyone that reads just part of this thread should be outraged 
 and yes i know the way people are treated here on try report a problems has a lot to do with it 

just today so far i have 2 people pm me on problems and how to fix them as they know if they post a forum about it they will never get an answer 
Vladimir
Vladimir Mar 5 '16
+1 from me Tammy!!!
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 5 '16
i posted a forum an month or so ago dare ppl to tell me one plugin or core feature that works as it should

and no surprises not one persons could answer it 
Musik
Musik Mar 5 '16
Seconded. I find also the majority of Tammy's posts in this thread unprofessional, unnecessarily accusatory, and wholly negative and toxic to the culture and well being of this open-source community, irregardless of the causes Tammy upholds or whether I agree with them. I'm tired of the drama and want no part in it. Tammy, do not randomly PM me an invitation to your posts again. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 5 '16

Quote from Musik
Seconded. I find also the majority of Tammy's posts in this thread unprofessional, unnecessarily accusatory, and wholly negative and toxic to the culture and well being of this open-source community, irregardless of the causes Tammy upholds or whether I agree with them. I'm tired of the drama and want no part in it. Tammy, do not randomly PM me an invitation to your posts again. 
show me one post in this thread thats unprofessional
oh yeah ross posts as they are lies there very 
unprofessional

accusatory,
hahahha i have not accused anything i have proven my points and proven oxwall tells lies

wholly negative and toxic
yes oxwall point of view is very 
negative and toxic

Rusty Nails
Rusty Nails Mar 6 '16

Oxwall can make a good cms if they want to. They make a CMS that does not work right so that you can HIRE THEM TO FIX IT.

Check out oxwall ads on their own site for programmers to fix things. “Premium SUPPORT” When you are a newbie you are dumb and you can't program you think “hey this is great”. They PURPOSELY MAKE IT SO IT WON'T WORK ON MOBILE. Can you imagine not being able to send messages on a mobile phone? They added a mobile version and it DOES NOT WORK TO SEND MESSAGES.

You will spend your life buying plugins that don’t work with each other, don't work at all, wont be visible on mobile, and buying crap themes that don’t work with the plugins and reading this forums which always amount to people never getting problems solved. 

By the time you get it done by hiring them and paying for plugins and hiring other developers to fix things and having problems with their lovely updates that make things even worse than they were before, you might as well hire a programming team! They get you hooked in and then when you have a community, they know you don’t want to lose all that work so they know you are desperate. 

Why sell software for $600 or $2000 when they can give it away for free, pre broken, then as you start to realize all the things you need, they will charge you for it.

Making very bad FREE CMS and then CHARGING people to fix it. Why not just make it NICE and GOOD in the first place and then sell it at a nice price and make people happy?

You know why? Because you will end up spending HUNDREDS on plugins, THOUSANDS IN FEES FIXING THINGS THAT ARE PRE BROKEN, THOUSANDS MORE ON SERVER FEES ( that they will happen to help host, and MILLIONS in programming by the time you are done.

The Forum post is edited by Rusty Nails Mar 6 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 6 '16
Rusty great points and I have refrained  from  this point for until late I had heard back from my colicitor 

Now few weeks ago Bryan posted a fix for the url rewrite problem 

I have seen screen shots of where someone  had asked a oxwall team member about

And the reply was for a few hundred dollars I can make you a plugin  with that fix

Now my solicitor  reply to me after looking all the proof of this and many other things was that this will not be a civil law suit but a criminal law suit 

So oxwall I double dare you to ban me from here

I double dare you to say u won't fix the problems and start abiding by the law

If not I triple dare you to refuse me a refund again

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 6 '16
+1
Quote from Tammy uploaded images have no alt values at all 
not even if they have descriptions

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 8 '16
Quote from Webster Molaudi +1
Quote from Tammy uploaded images have no alt values at all 
not even if they have descriptions

Before the platform upgrades was in search, tags and photo descriptions not anymore. In research there is now only the photos section. Not good, especially for those who like me have a Social that the photos is the main topic 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 8 '16
Any social site photos are everything
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 8 '16
Quote from Tammy Any social site photos are everything
Exactly Tammy. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »