We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

going mad - OF Counter | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 27 '16
can you make it not send when your on the site

desktop view open 
maybe something like a 1 minute delay so if your on the site and answer a message it cancels out the push notification and it dont get sent 
will work for when you login as well and not start sending notifications like crazy lol

mobile view 
maybe set to 3 or 5 minutes 

on use mobile and chats 2 or 3 ppl it starts drive you mad get push messages every few seconds 

same when you on the site desktop and chat few ppl at same time the notifications get over whelming 

you get the notification on a new message 5 seconds before the slow ass message plugin delivers the message 

also now the messages dont vanish they stay there and just get in the way 

hmmmmm on thinking about it 

should be like 5 minute delay on push 

but have a separate notifications popup gadget thing that say pops up bottom left the site on get new notification that has a 10 second delay 
so the message is there when you get it 
and if it drags it from the messages and notifications it could even have the right image and link etc in it 
Sean
Sean Mar 27 '16
Okay I'll ass this in. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 27 '16
cool is ok until you start chat a few ppl at the same time and it goes mad lol
Sean
Sean Mar 27 '16
It is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday here though so it may not be out until Tuesday. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 27 '16
yeah cool when ever u get the time 

Sean
Sean Mar 28 '16
On the latest update there is now an option to only send push notifications if the user is logged out
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 28 '16
wow i see so many updates on this plugin i give you BIG credit for working hard to fix bugs and make it better :) 

but what i have in my mind after 2 years or 1 years you so tired updating this plugin so you will just leave it same other dev doing here at oxwall ...but i hope you will bee here updating this plugin after 2 years :-D 

but who knows about the future, nobody do :-)

Sean
Sean Mar 28 '16
Haha thank you Marcus, no plans to leave yet
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 28 '16
thats great to hear :)))
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 29 '16
im already use to it being the way it is because that's how Facebook is.

It is like that all day. 

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Mar 29 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 30 '16
the facebook ones on the left are not push notifications

JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 30 '16
if i didn't have that page visible it would be. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 31 '16
no way lol if fb sent every notification as a push then you would go mad 

the left pop ups are not push notification
JoshWho
JoshWho Apr 2 '16
Just wondering. Is there a way to make the push notifications only happen when not viewing the page?  A Lot of people do not log out they just close their browser and open it when they get a notification. 

I'm not sure if that is something very hard to do I never had to do it before with a webscript. I imagine it is probably like a detect mouse or scroll kind of thing but just wondering if it could be a possibility.

I just don't want the user to have to be logged out in order for them to get a notification and I also do not want them getting upset over to many notifications in a row neither. 

If it could just only happen when not on the screen it would be kick ass.

tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 2 '16
Facebook does it somehow i dont know if is a detect thing or a delay on sending them

Maybe its both 

But i know fb ones get to much as well and every one i know has turned fb push off 

Even i have turned fb push off therees no need get 300 push notifications a day

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Apr 2 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic