We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Attention Oxwall Staff and Developers: Can anyone continue PURUSOTHAMAN RAMANUJAM's important work? | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '16
You will just have to learn to code marcus lol... :)    But that is what they are doing is contacting him directly.  We will see what happens.  And remember developers come and go sometimes but there will always be other ones that create a new plugin to replace old ones.  Its just how it is... When i had wordpress i was changing plugins all the time because the devs would just go away. Its the nature of the opensource format. :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
hmm interesting you did have wordpress and plugins before ...why did you go from wordpress to oxwall?

Yes i will learn to code Dave you have postend good video  guides now that i can follow credit for that!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '16
I did not go from wordpress to oxwall, i went from elgg to oxwall. Elgg is horrible... or was horrible... i dont know about it now but ill never go back. 

At one time i had 25 sites going at once including my hosting business.  I was too overloaded...   Now i keep it simple.   

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 16 '16
Maybe i should try Elgg is it a community like oxwall? Okey i will check it out and try it...what country are they from who have that community?

Okey done now i member there looks like they created many plugins there to :)

is it based on a wordpress platform?

I did find skalfa as supporter to Elgg ? that was interesting ...why are skalfa support Elgg?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 17 '16
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 18 '16
Honestly, I have been keeping an eye on Puru's Facebook account, he seems to be having a good time with vacations and parties and i'm sure those luxuries are financed by the amount of money he gets from clueless users thatbuys his plugins that he is not updating for the last 8 months. (I STAND CORRECTED)

I messaged him on facebook and he hasn't responded and yet he keeps updating his status updates and photos - https://www.facebook.com/purusothamanr

I took the liberty of hunting him down online until i found him on facebook, and yet still he is not responding to my messages.

He looks like a happy person to me and relaxed :) So clearly to me he abandoned his plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jul 18 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 18 '16
Thats a shame, i hate to see that happen. But we will all survive without him and move on. 

I will contribute what i can with some free plugins in order to try to offset some of the loss to all of you if they suspend his account.  I hope that other devs will do the same and try to come up with a few items a piece that they will do for free.  This way we can all come together to help you all out.  

We will make it through this :) 

Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 18 '16
Lol! 
That photo though.. ahahahahaha 
dave Leader
dave Jul 18 '16
Yes he is probably tired after a huge meal with lots of cumin and having to air himself out in the park lol :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 18 '16
I did send him a message on facebook too, i will let you know if he responds...
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 19 '16
Lovely Marcus,

Lets hope he hears us and fix his Plugins :)

Thanks
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 19 '16
No respond...ignore me
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 26 '16
Hi Marcus,

Still no response from Puru?
Quote from Maяcus I did send him a message on facebook too, i will let you know if he responds...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 26 '16
Yes still no response ....they do little same they want here there is no good rules and laws here on this store...and i must give credit to dave here that can see that to normaly dave ignore my problems here at oxwall ;-) but this time i give him credit ;-) you see dave i can give you credit not only fighting with you ;-)

I have seen people like my self come with suggestions to do things better on the store but nobody want change anything

and i have seen dave come with suggestions to and i have seen 5 people more that have come with suggestion but still no action taken on the oxwall store to change to better

it not much we can do then bring up issues....and bring up solutions...in other peoples hands to make them real

and remember the team are small we can not give them to much work and maybe here is the "main" issue with all problems...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 26 '16
Olivia
Olivia Jul 27 '16
Facebook profile deleted. Lol.
I bought some of his plugins too... they never worked :(
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 27 '16
Hi Olivia,

This is his Facebook profile : https://www.facebook.com/purusothamanr
Just checked it now and it worked on my end, send him a message there.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 27 '16
Checked to and NO facebook profile deleted...

It very strange that he can ignore people that long time and feel good with him self doing that?

But people are different, not all have feelings! In this crazy world we are living in we just need accept that or not accept it....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 27 '16
omer
omer Aug 29 '16
i am waiting for Video Uploader update...
why its suspended now?
Pages: « 1 2